TINIE TEMPAH + KREPT & KONAN | IBIZA ROCKS | 02/07/14

McRackin

Super Moderator
Leaving aside his over-exposure in Ibiza these days, Tinie Tempah at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel has always been a winning formula and last night he filled the poolside courtyard one more time.

006+-+copia.JPG

After a great back-to-back between Ste-V-Something and Patrick Nazemi, it was time for this week's opening act. The Hip Hop duo from South London Krept & Konan set a new Guinness World Record with their third mixtape Young Kingz (2013), the highest charting UK release by an unsigned act. Due to its success, they signed a record deal with the major label Virgin EMI Records.

Fresh from picking up some days ago a BET award in Los Angeles (Best International Act: UK), Casyo "Krept" Johnson and Karl "Konan" Wilson appeared at Mallorca Rocks and Ibiza Rocks before heading to Wireless London and Birmingham, all this with hardly any sleep as they told me later. DJ Docta Cosmic started the proceedings and a few minutes later was joined onstage by the two rappers, who showed great lyrical skills with songs like "I Play Dirty", "Drugs, Money and Alcohol" (where they made the crowd sit down and jump up all at once) or their latest single "Don't Waste My Time".

They did a good job getting everyone pumped and ready for the main act!

27e+-+copia.JPG

Even if it's the fifth time in a row we've seen Tinie Tempah on the Ibiza Rocks Hotel stage (not the fourth as he wrongly said), it's great to catch him live again. Since last year's gig, he released his second album Demonstration so we knew that many songs from it would be played. For the second time, like it happened two years ago, he came without the band and was accompanied only by his side-kick DJ Charlesy.

His performances are always full of energy as he really gets the audience involved but the fact the show included various flame and co2 jets and a confetti cannon made the whole experience a tad more special. Musically, he went through the repertoire of hits from Disc-Overy (2010) and the mentioned Demonstration (2013), including "Lover Not A Fighter", "Earthquake", "Trampoline", "Children Of The Sun", "Written In The Stars", "Miami 2 Ibiza", "Drinking From The Bottle" (during which both sprayed the crowd with champagne), "Tsunami (Jump)" (his version of DVBBS & Borgeous' hit "Tsunami" with vocals, where they got everyone to sit down again) and "Pass Out".

Tinie smashed it once again and people got more than their money's worth!

629+-+copia.JPG

Krept & Konan and their crew were at Es Paradis later, where I had a nice chat with their manager (a long-time Ibiza lover)... top night!

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Krept & Konan's manager said:
#ibizarocks #stillnorest

10520235_605576032883694_1804647678_n.jpg
Tiniegram said:
IBIZA! We have officially done Mallorca/Ibiza rocks 5 years in a row and it still feels as crazy as the very first time!! Thanks for all the love and support throughout and thanks for such a wicked night in Ibiza last night!

10522189_594528287331874_1842502553_n.jpg

Back