THE SEVEN WONDERS OF SANKEYS IBIZA

Doubt i'll visit Sankeys this year, unless Tribal Sessions comes up with a ridiculous lineup. But with no Charles or Sante, it has zero appeal for me.

Doubt i'll visit Sankeys this year, unless Tribal Sessions comes up with a ridiculous lineup. But with no Charles or Sante, it has zero appeal for me.

Yeah, I feel similarly. I think their weekly line-up will look something like: Argy, Jozef, Samu.l, Shlomi Aber, Manu Gonzalez, Victor Calderone & Greg Vickers - so not much change from last year. If they can get some heavyhitters doing more regular appearances, the likes of Tenaglia, Jeff Mills, Dave Clarke. Maybe it'll still work.

Not sure sure they'll find a figurehead with as much charisma as Darius anytime soon.

Sankey's just posted:

"Get ready for a louder Tribal Sessions this Summer!

Forward Thinking Music Without Prejudice*"

( * unless our door pickers don't like the look of you)

Is it just me or are these Sankeys lineups, other than Viva, an absolute flop?

Well, We Love Sankey's could be also good, considering the artists they brought over to Space in all the past years. But so far I'm not all that impressed with the lineups for the events, because I dont know a lot of the artists or I may know 1 or 2 but that's not enough to justify me coming to the club. Does anybody know when the We Love Sankey's lineups will start getting released??

I think they have increasingly become more London-centric across their roster, which surprises me for a brand born & bred out of Manchester.

I don't expect the Magna Carta line-ups will be very appealing to Northerners in the same way that they appeal to me. Some of them are known UK wide or even internationally, but they are all prominent names within the London scene.

I assume none of last years We Love residents shall be following to Sankeys, so any ideas on who to expect?

I assume none of last years We Love residents shall be following to Sankeys, so any ideas on who to expect?

I reckon Norman might you know. Skream? Zabiela? Possibly... But, yeah, I can't see the likes of Disclosure.

I think they have increasingly become more London-centric across their roster, which surprises me for a brand born & bred out of Manchester.

I don't expect the Magna Carta line-ups will be very appealing to Northerners in the same way that they appeal to me. Some of them are known UK wide or even internationally, but they are all prominent names within the London scene.
Dale is well known in Liverpool (he is local). Great DJ, nice lad

Dale is well known in Liverpool (he is local). Great DJ, nice lad

We've got him in my neck of the woods for Bank Hol at end of May.

Seen him a few times and never disappoints! I wonder how many ppl will recognise from one of earlier Big Brother series?! :twisted:

I agree that it won't appeal to that many people outside of London, I've heard of most the dj's but they simply arn't big enough names to draw a good crowd in my opinion. I don't look the like of their London line up (bar a couple of names) for the upcoming event but they obviously are doing something right if they think they can fill 02

I don't look the like of their London line up (bar a couple of names) for the upcoming event but they obviously are doing something right if they think they can fill 02

Capacity is 4,500. But to be honest if they can't fill it with that line-up, then they're doing something wrong!

Edit = it's the Brixton Academy, not the O2 arena in Greenwich in case anybody is confused.

from what i hear the kids in london are pretty clued up and going to what i'd say used to be very underground parties. These are not ppl who would go Cream but happily go to a low ceiling basement thing as thats their thing they do in london

Oh dear... so Re: Redlight/Colors or whatever they decide to run with in the end - they've knocked Noir and replaced him with... Ikin!!! :spank:

This is a certified doink house night now, no doubts about it. Big drops, shufflers, "OI! OI! FAAAAAACK ORRFFFFFFFFF!" that kind of nonsense. And originally this was billed as a garage night. Shame.

Tube & Berger might be enough to still make me go to the closing.. but it'll not take much to change my mind if there's somethin else on that night.

Back