THE SEVEN WONDERS OF SANKEYS IBIZA

We Love: 26th August
Sasha
Nic Fancuilli
Andy C
Shy FX
Goldie

I usually quite like a single dose of Sasha on Ibiza each year! More for a bit of nostalgia for the old fabric days. And Mr Fancuilli added now too! :)

Anyone made it to a Sasha/We Love nights this season? Any reviews on we Love generally this season?

I usually quite like a single dose of Sasha on Ibiza each year! More for a bit of nostalgia for the old fabric days. And Mr Fancuilli added now too! :)

Anyone made it to a Sasha/We Love nights this season? Any reviews on we Love generally this season?

I went to the opening for We Love and I'll post a lengthier review of the night in the review thread I'm working on but I only went cuz I got free wristband and to check out Rudimental which was interesting. Place was pretty busy... Spektrum was rammed for Rudimental

I try not to knock djs who have cult followings but the last few times I've seen Sasha over 2 years have been awful, I never really understand the hype around him and I dont feel his mixing or selection is ever that great. Separately from that, judging from general consensus and overall mood it seems like We Love will not be sticking around Sankeys next year or if it will be then my guess is it will be entirely revamped. Seems like people are just not interested and their lineups are dwindling day by day at least from what i can see by spotlight updates. Disappointing but cant say that most probably didnt expect it to turn out this way, i feel most people go to Sankeys for convenience over anything else. Not sure what would have worked better but with Paradise at DC-10 only a quick cab ride away, maybe Wednesday was just a bad choice.

The hype exists for Sasha purely on what he's done for the scene historicially, cuz he was one of the early pioneers of the progressive sound with Digweed back in the day. Before the mid 2000s, he was still good but yes now, I dunno what's going on with him. He still holds that mystique for some reason and people like myself associate him with Ibiza more than any other DJ, but i have to say his sets have been too slow and don't seem to go anywhere. His Ushuaia closing in 2013, (the set is online somehwere) was good...I think he tries for some gigs and doesn't for others.

I still will never forget how him and Digweed were scheduled to play at Guvernment in Toronto in 2007 and I was so excited to see 'em live. But Sasha BAILED out for some reason and it was only Digweed there arrgh. Hopefully they get together again in the future after solving their differences. It'd be sick to see em doing like a weekly Ibiza residency with some of these newer cats in the scene like Ame, Solomun, etc.

I am not the biggest fan of either but i guess I can stir the pot and say in my opinion, Digweed far > Sasha

I am not the biggest fan of either but i guess I can stir the pot and say in my opinion, Digweed far > Sasha

Yes, I would say in the past 5 years or so, Digweed has been doing it for me too. He always has been good but compared to Sasha, he defintely is better than Sasha. He's just way more consistent. Pacha would give him an extended all night set dammit...what's up all these clubs stuffing all their acts into one night!

Pacha would give him an extended all night set dammit...what's up all these clubs stuffing all their acts into one night!

I've been asking Pacha for this for years. Just one 3-7AM set a season maybe. He is amazing the longer he goes. If you ever get the chance to catch one if his 6+ hour sets.... Do it!

I've been asking Pacha for this for years. Just one 3-7AM set a season maybe. He is amazing the longer he goes. If you ever get the chance to catch one if his 6+ hour sets.... Do it!

I have! His 'Live In Toronto' mix CD was taken from this night he did their last November he played for almost 6 hours! Last few tracks he played were 16 bit Lolitas- Deep In My Soul and that Jodi and Spesh track, "We Are Connected" from his classic Bedrock mix. I've seen him do a few 4+ hours sets as well at other times...my favourite set of his has to be the live recording of the one he did in Lebanon in like 2004 i think...that is amazing.

I have! His 'Live In Toronto' mix CD was taken from this night he did their last November he played for almost 6 hours! Last few tracks he played were 16 bit Lolitas- Deep In My Soul and that Jodi and Spesh track, "We Are Connected" from his classic Bedrock mix. I've seen him do a few 4+ hours sets as well at other times...my favourite set of his has to be the live recording of the one he did in Lebanon in like 2004 i think...that is amazing.

Yeah. Have you listened to Digweeds new "Underground Sound of Ibiza 2" (just out). Three CDs / Mixes: 2AM, 4AM, 8AM. Worth a listen!

Yeah. Have you listened to Digweeds new "Underground Sound of Ibiza 2" (just out). Three CDs / Mixes: 2AM, 4AM, 8AM. Worth a listen!

Before i part with money these mixes are def compiled by Digweed? Can't seem to find confirmation of this online. Thanks :)

Before i part with money these mixes are def compiled by Digweed? Can't seem to find confirmation of this online. Thanks :)

You make a good point - I'm actually not sure if it is him. Was listening to the 2AM mix and were parts of it very un-Digweed. However, still love it!

what can we expect music and crowd wise for a friday in sankeys: shelter / suara ??
not to familiar with the djs but may give it a whirl...... any feedback welcome

what can we expect music and crowd wise for a friday in sankeys: shelter / suara ??
not to familiar with the djs but may give it a whirl...... any feedback welcome

Have to be honest with INSANE/Pacha, MusicOn and DC10/Tale If Us being strong not sure how Friday's at Sankeys will really fare....

Have to be honest with INSANE/Pacha, MusicOn and DC10/Tale If Us being strong not sure how Friday's at Sankeys will really fare....
yes fair comment but doing Pacha on the Sunday and will probably avoid the chaos of music on so looking at alternatives

Back