Ten Walls Homophobic Rant....

One of my favourite tracks of the last couple of years, definitely a talented guy. Can't believe some people on here would try and defend his comments though, rather sad. I am not involved in any kind of public witch hunt, just shocked someone could think that way in this day and age.

Would those comments stop you going to see him though?

I would still turn up as he produces good music, just like I would have went to see Tyson fight if I ever had the chance.

Would those comments stop you going to see him though?

I would still turn up as he produces good music, just like I would have went to see Tyson fight if I ever had the chance.

Yes it would. Much like many of the TV personalities that are being caught for retrospective crimes, I don't just say ' it doesn't matter because they are still talented'

My 2p worth is that as a public figure and possible role model to many people those comments should be career ending.

I have no problem with him or anyone else having the views he does in private, or a measured sensible public debate, but posting a hateful rant deliberately on a public site is poor form and leads to a less tolerant society.

I actually bought walking with elephants. Can I have my 99p back? Lol

One of my favourite tracks of the last couple of years, definitely a talented guy. Can't believe some people on here would try and defend his comments though, rather sad. I am not involved in any kind of public witch hunt, just shocked someone could think that way in this day and age.

Needs more cow bell ;)

I haven't read the thread(yet), I'm 'merry'.....the guys a prick for what he said and he clearly meant it. Doesn't deserve the privileged place he had in any society speaking out like that. We live in 2015, I agree we can't dictate what he thinks because we live in a free part of the world but speaking out like that was disgusting and made my stomach churn. When you consider to the young who will already idolise him it was so so stupid!
I hate it when anyone talks shit like this, I'm not gay, I'm not a leftie, I'm not religious but I have to respect their choice and we should live and let live within reason. Being gay is not a reason to dislike someone never mind liken them to f***ing peados :mad:
Anyway rant over I'm pissed, sorry.

No school night for me :cool:
I'm off to Lincoln tomorrow for magna Carter weekend. A couple I met on Aprils trip own a pub 'with rooms' in the city so organised a trip for me and the Mrs. The kids are looked after and they've got cover for the bar Saturday so should be messy :rolleyes::spank:

Result. Body and soul festival here next weekend Friday and Monday off. Gona be a biggie.so takin it easy this weekend .

Looks nice hope you get decent weather, I'm in love with nightmares on wax boiler room at the minute much to my mrs's annoyance :D:cool:
Hope you have time to check him out, anyway back on topic....
Ten walls is a c***, with any luck he'll never get a paid gig again :mad:

Yeah it's nice and small 6500 capacity. Looking forward to talabowman,john Talbot and alex bowman colab. New jackon of course too.

Unfortunately this will all be forgotten about and this idiot will be back doing what he does - as far as I can tell ripping off Booka Shade.

You only have to look at the Betoko incident to realise these things don't really have an impact on the perpetrators. Betoko nearly beat his girlfriend to death and yet here he is back in Ibiza this year like nothing has happened. Disgusting!

Not sure I agree. I've only heard of the Betoko incident in the aftermath of the Ten Walls incident. Evidently it got far less coverage. Clearly physically assaulting somebody is far worse than saying some stupid things, so I don't want to get drawn into that debate. But my point being that the industry didn't react nearly as much as they have for Ten Walls.

I'm not sure what that says about the industry or society whereby this, which don't get me wrong is abhorrent, gets more reaction than what Betoko did.

I'm not sure what that says about the industry or society whereby this, which don't get me wrong is abhorrent, gets more reaction than what Betoko did.

I guess... and this is only an assumption... because Ten Walls put his views out for the world to see.

The Betoko incident - which I know nothing about by the way - presumably happened behind closed doors and was subsequently reported on in the media (although I would argue not very visibly) after the result of the trial?

I guess... and this is only an assumption... because Ten Walls put his views out for the world to see.

The Betoko incident - which I know nothing about by the way - presumably happened behind closed doors and was subsequently reported on in the media (although I would argue not very visibly) after the result of the trial?

Good point...when it comes straight from the horses mouth I guess there is a certain definitive nature to it.

I think we need to be careful that we don't replace intolerance of lifestyle with intolerance of opinion, however wrong-headed his comments.

On a similar vein to comments above it amazes me that there's a Belgian footballer who took part in a gang-rape and is still allowed to play and prosper at professional level. Be nice to have a bit of consistency at least.

But stupid comments. Plenty of straight men in "normal" relationships have gone on to abuse underage children.

Back