Spotlight celebrates --> El Salon takeovers 2014 & DJ competition

stivi

hi folks,

i thought this deserves its own thread :)

as most of you on here are long-time forum members (it's a decade for me, but more for many others!), you'll know ibiza spotlight has been around for a while already... the company actually exists since 1976 and did printed ibiza guides for 23 years, but www.ibiza-spotlight.com was launched in 1999.

so this summer we'll celebrate 15 years online with four el salon takeovers at space. come and have some hierbas with us on the following dates:

sunday 29th june at we love
sunday 27th july at we love
tuesday 19th august at carl cox
sunday 7th september at we love

the line up for our el salon takeovers shall be published soon. and as quite a few on here like to spin a tune or two, we've launched a DJ competition too...

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/2014/05/comp-ibiza-spotlight-dj-competition

we at spotlight are excited to be able to celebrate our 'online anniversary' at space and of course we're looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible! stay tuned for more news on this over the next few weeks.

OK guys, here we go...

DJ competition results... --> http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/2014/06/news-spotlight-dj-comp-winners
congrats to all winners and very pleased about the fact that one forum member also made it!! :)

spotlight el salon takeover line ups... --> http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/2014/06/news-spotlight-takes-over-spaces-el-salon

Sunday 29th of June | Ibiza Spotlight presents Island Heroes (We Love)
A homage to the resident DJs who call Ibiza their home and have provided the soundtrack to countless parties of every kind across the island. These guys maintain the eclecticism in the music of Ibiza and know and love the island better than most. We salute you!

Line-up:
- Jaime Fiorito
- Willie Graff

- Venus (DJ competition winner)

Sunday 27th of July | Ibiza Spotlight 15 Years Online | House & Disco Classics Session (We Love)
Some of our favourite moments in Space have been spilling drinks in front of the El Salon DJ booth whilst busting moves to the funkiest house and disco classics around. Tonight two more island residents will dig deep into their classics collection. BYO white flares.

Line-up:
- Paul Reynolds
- Heath Holme
- Jamie Ings (DJ competition winner)

Tuesday 19th of August | Ibiza Spotlight presents IBZ Entertainment Showcase (Carl Cox)
In keeping with the rest of Space on a Tuesday, this one will have a more underground tech-house musical direction than the others. Danny Whittle and Mark Netto will present the full spectrum of their IBZ Entertainment artist roster with back-to-back sets from representatives from all over the island, up-and-coming DJs like Manu Gonzales plus a live PA. It's going to be quite the production!

Line-up:
- Andy Baxter B2B Manu Gonzalez
- Alex Wolfenden B2B Robert Miles
- Hutch & Mason
- Yax.X
- Jamie Rox
- featuring live PA from Harley Maxwell
- Anthy (DJ competition winner)

Sunday 7th of September | Ibiza Spotlight presents Music for Dreams (We Love)
We’re seriously excited to see what Danish music master Kenneth Bager brings to El Salon for his Music for Dreams label takeover. Bager’s style is eclectic, unusual and always heaps of fun. Expect to discover some musical gems!

Line-up:
- Kenneth Bager + friends
- Ric James (DJ competition winner)

...so, who's in for which date? big spotlight meetup planned for those four dates of course!!! :)

Well done ric, it's great that an actual real forum member got this gig.

Last edited:
Reactions: ric
Will be using CD's and probably some a few pieces of vinyl i think... Gonna have to get a lend of a pair of 2000's for a day or so as i've never used them before... Had 1000mk 3's for about 3yrs but want to make sure i know my way around the 2000's... Total professional etc etc.... :eek::lol:

10338743_493422414091522_467537445256904550_n.jpg

Back