soooooooooo..........

McRackin

Super Moderator
.......... where are we now? :eek:

castle.jpg

so at the left we have the cathedral and at the right the old castle.......... and those very weird looking modern stairs:

41394904_f2c9605171.jpg

so here we are.....
fa0okx.jpg

..... this is a bit weird.....
fa0ols.jpg

..... lets take a look.....
fa0ooy.jpg

..... how strange.....
fa0opf.jpg

..... well, lets continue.....
fa0os7.jpg

..... no idea where are we going.....
fa0osy.jpg

..... we are up here already.....
fa0ow7.jpg

..... nice views.....
fa0owl.jpg

..... look, theres a door.....
fa0oxy.jpg

..... but its closed and it says forbidden entry!! :evil:
fa0oye.jpg

so.......... how many of the 9129 members registered in this forum have crossed this door? :eek:

not me

i think the skewiff route would make me dizzy, especially after a night of partying.

Spending much much more time on that side of the island in 06.

Morbyd said:
I've been right up to that door, but not inside. What's there :?:
that door gives access to the castle, to an interior patio to be exact. the problem is thats ALWAYS closed to the public as its in ruins.......... how many pictures have you seen taken inside the castle? :idea:

only a few people can get access to the key of the castle..........

key.gif
<--- :eek: :eek: :eek:

in related news..........

Castle Hotel Ready In 2008.
The plans to convert the Castle in Eivissa Town into a Madrid Government run luxury 5 star "National Parador" hotel are well on schedule. This luxurious & emblematic hotel installation with 78 bedrooms will be open in 2008 & will become the flag ship for all the marketing & publicity of the "National Parador" hotels found all over Spain. The first stage of the work involves building an access tunnel & lift to the top of Dalt Villa where the Castle is located. This work will start very shortly & the plans were presented last week on the island by Antonio Costa, a local man, who is now in charge of all the "National Parador" hotels in Spain.

(the ibiza sun)

McRackin said:
only a few people can get access to the key of the castle..........
me for example!! :twisted:

last time i went i took these..........

fasjkp.jpg

fasjly.jpg

fasjmh.jpg

fasjnl.jpg

fasjra.jpg

fasjs5.jpg

fasjt2.jpg

fasjtx.jpg

they better start working soon if they want to have it ready for 2008 :!:

Looks so great from afar but once you're up inside, it's kind of depressingly ruined, isn't it. :confused:

I could see how it might be fixed up though... make that courtyard look nice and rooms in the building all around on the 2nd floor with old-style shutters over the windows...

btw, the white house that appears on the last two pictures is where the bishop of ibiza lives..........

favhir.jpg

favhn4.jpg

(sorry for the low quality but all these were taken with my mobile)

yeah the view at the summit is a bit dissapointing........................its a bit like in NYC, when u climb the empire state building u get stunning views but u can't see one of the best things cos ur standin in it.

apparently though......they are re-opening the plaza on top of the rockfeller centre which should give good views of NYC with empire state.

McRack - how did u get past the door?? I've still never actually worked out exactly the geography of the the very top of dalt vila (e.g. cathedral, castle, etc) Any pics to help Mackie

I've been up there! Love have a nosey around places. Not very well signposted, but had the Rough Guide on me so knew what to look out for.

The views up there always bring a tear to my eye, night or day.

Back