Saga @ PACHA 2023 - Reviews & Reports

el_loco

The opening was fun and very full. Bedouin played a great set, had not heard them live before. Played harder than I had expected. Especially when they started to play their trippy, deep afterhour sounds from around 4.30 they really came to their own, very hypnotic.
Big disappointment were Whomadewho. I had expected something like their Abu Simbel set, some dark melodic house. Instead they played funky Electronics from 20 years ago, sounding more like Purple Disco Machine, and only played probably 2-3 of their own melodic tracks, singing live. Huge letdown.

Totally agree with you,
That's the thing about Bedouin, many thinks their sets reflects their productions style but that's not often the case as they usually play harder with tribal notes.
Could've been because Paradise and Fisher have not started yet but yes it was quite busy.
Great night! I'll definitely go again on many occasions 😜

Big disappointment were Whomadewho

Really? They back at Pacha for the CamelPhat night end of August - I was going to check out as enjoyed some of their recent stuff.

That's the thing about Bedouin, many thinks their sets reflects their productions style but that's not often the case as they usually play harder with tribal notes.

Yeah, much prefer their DJs sets that a lot of their production, and sometimes too slow YouTube / Cercle type sets.

One thing though - have they learnt how to use that Pacha sound-system yet? Quite a few complaints (me included) that they just played it too loud last year at times.

One thing though - have they learnt how to use that Pacha sound-system yet? Quite a few complaints (me included) that they just played it too loud last year at times.
I didn't notice to be particularly that loud last year and yesterday or could be that the sound system is pretty crispy at Pacha that doesn't hurt your ears, or maybe it's just me. 🤣

In all the debates about too much projection, and too many phones at some nights - THIS is how you use lighting and projection to enhance the experience, and not turn it into an art exhibit.

I was loving their music before... I have to say I'm happy to not have been at the opening (a friend wanted to go) 😂.

forgot to say, I went last week. Made it for the last ten minutes of Acid Pauli, and perhaps unfair to judge which that short snapshot, but the room really lacked energy. Then Bedouin came on and rocked the joint! Definitely playing a bit harder and a bit faster than what you'd imagine. And although this might be Pacha's "quietest night" it's far from quiet. I'm getting old, but I really enjoyed that little bit of space and being able to walk straight into a cubicle and served quickly at the bar. What's not to like?

forgot to say, I went last week. Made it for the last ten minutes of Acid Pauli, and perhaps unfair to judge which that short snapshot, but the room really lacked energy. Then Bedouin came on and rocked the joint! Definitely playing a bit harder and a bit faster than what you'd imagine. And although this might be Pacha's "quietest night" it's far from quiet. I'm getting old, but I really enjoyed that little bit of space and being able to walk straight into a cubicle and served quickly at the bar. What's not to like?

I'm in for the 30 August then! Bonobo is the guest that night I believe.

i love this bedouin set. great find!!

(has everyone finally twigged that melody and vocals are actually nice to listen to?)

i love this bedouin set. great find!!

(has everyone finally twigged that melody and vocals are actually nice to listen to?)

I know! And it is great to have a full-set recorded at a club and not a 10 second bad clip.

Saga amazing last night. Blomqvist absolutely killed it and had the crowd captivated from the get go. Highlight of the night. Had a woomoon feel to it but worked in Pacha. Decent crowd and much busier then earlier on in the season. Great seeing this night do so well at Pacha (and happy there is room to dance!)

Track of the night: Packard (Blomqvist & Schories Sunrise Mix)

Saga amazing last night. Blomqvist absolutely killed it and had the crowd captivated from the get go. Highlight of the night. Had a woomoon feel to it but worked in Pacha. Decent crowd and much busier then earlier on in the season. Great seeing this night do so well at Pacha (and happy there is room to dance!)

Track of the night: Packard (Blomqvist & Schories Sunrise Mix)
Absolutely! Great night, one of the best sets I’ve heard from Bedouin this summer. Love Saga at Pacha.

Back