Restaurant Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have to book the restuarants in d'alt villa? or can you just turn up and have a wander round and pick on.

i am being thick here as well, it was our first time in june but a week is not long enough to do eveything and we are returning in sep for two weeks. d'alt villa is a part of ibiza town?? sorry for the thickness?!

caz_zamora said:
do you have to book the restuarants in d'alt villa? or can you just turn up and have a wander round and pick on.

i am being thick here as well, it was our first time in june but a week is not long enough to do eveything and we are returning in sep for two weeks. d'alt villa is a part of ibiza town?? sorry for the thickness?!

D'alt villa is the old town inside the walls on top of the hill in Ibiza town.

I would advise booking the restaurants up there- they can be very popular! We have booked in the afternoon of the day we wanted to go.

thanks a lot sorry for the stupid question! we went over that side of the island for space and pacha but didn't have time to check out the town

Rester - what !?!? You mean there are actually other eateries available than the hotel bar offering burger and chips for 3 Euro's and 10 cents?

Only one I experience was a little Mexican in San An town which was actually uber nice. Relatively cheap, good to very good food, lovely waitresses and a free, discusting, yet free shot of Tequila on your departure....

Super Polack said:
Rester - what !?!? You mean there are actually other eateries available than the hotel bar offering burger and chips for 3 Euro's and 10 cents?

Only one I experience was a little Mexican in San An town which was actually uber nice. Relatively cheap, good to very good food, lovely waitresses and a free, discusting, yet free shot of Tequila on your departure....

was it called tijuana mate?

best place i ate in 2 weeks, food was amazing but cheap and the service was really good with friendly people all around

i would recommend this place to anyone

we had 2 drinks each a main course and a desert each for 40 euros

and could hardly move after it, the fajitas are unbelievably nice

oh i wish i was back

ps.try the deep fried ice cream :D

Rings a bell....maybe. All wood and stuff inside, just outside the West End.... cracking waitresses. Can't be too many places like that in Ibiza.

Restaurants

I have to recommend "The Gallery" in The street of the restaurants in Sta Eulalia - it has superb food with a very friendly atmosphere. This is it's 2nd year and is very popular and not expensive. :D

Es Ventall in San Antonio- Tel. 971 34 17 29
To find it, go to the front door of Rias Baixas and turn left. It's about 500 yards down the street on your right.
Atmosphere: We went in the middle of the day and there was hardly anyone about.
Service: The young waitress was attentive without being pushy or overbearing.
Food: Ibecenco meat and fish dishes- didn't notice any vegitarian dishes, but then, I wasn't looking.

Bread, soft cheese and olives as an appetiser- bread tasted fresh and the cheese and olives were delicious!
I ordered squid strips in a vinaigrette sauce with garlic and chopped parsley. The squid was cooked to perfection- tender, not chewy, and the sauce lent itself perfectly to the delicate flavour of the squid. 9/10

loin of monkfish with bacon and redberry sauce. First of all I have no idea where the loins of a monkfish are, but I presume that it's something that doesn't make translation into English quite right. The plate came to me with three large monkfish steaks wrapped in streaky bacon strips. Round the side of the plate was the sauce- the appearance was very appealing. The bacon had the effect of making the monkfish taste as though it had been smoked (it hadn't), and the sweet taste of the redberry sauce set it off perfectly. Huge portion and tasted divine. Another 9/10

For pudding we had Greixonerra which I had never tasted before. It was absolutely gorgeous, soaked in a liquer I couldn't identify but it just melted on the tongue like mousse. On the plate was a cherry-sized orange fruit and some tiny red berries which the waitress insisted we ate as they were 'special' fruits. We didn't need much convincing, and the sharpness of the berries contrasted perfectly with the sweet taste of the pudding. 10/10

During the meal my friend had a bottle of Estrella and I had two glasses of the house white which was light and refreshing. We finished up with three glasses of Hierbas each- two of which were complimentary.

I'm a fan of fine food- no matter what I've been doing the night before, as soon as I can eat the following day I will do. That said, I don't eat crap. I had a steak, egg and chips at one of the cafes in San Antonio and it was awful- the steak was meant to be done medium but was tough and dry, so I didn't eat, and walked away leaving just enough to cover the bill. BUT, at Es Ventall, I tipped BIG because I have never tasted such good food, and the waitress was spot-on with her service. The whole lot- 2 starters, mains and puddings with drinks came to 61 Euros fifty, just over £40. So, the food came in big portions, looked great, tasted even better and didn't cost much. QUALITY!

but seriously,daffers in santa eulalia, new shanghi on the harbor at santa eulalia,in es cana,the es cana restaurant practically on the beach,chef grills in the open air, the miranda is excellent for paella literally on the sea front, if its the family you want to feed without complaints then its the marvent next to charlies bar every time,one of our all time favorites is the italian on the left on the way to the hippy market,its called something sicilliano but we call it vincenzos after the owner,food always excellent,hospitality the same,we have been 4 or 5 times now and plan to go twice this year,theres something special about it,try the sirloin in gorgonzolla. or king prawns,or usual italian food,last year when we were there a couple asked for a jug of sangria,and because it was not on the menuu(being italian)the boss went to one of the bars accross the street and got them a jug of sangria,thats what i call service:) enjoy, its 13 days till i go again arghhhhhhh:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

try cardomon club in sta eulalia if you like indian food. Its the best and has a lovely setting.
Also, The Gallery on restaurant row in Santa Eulalia.

Restaurants Portinatx

We went to Portinatx 8th - 15th May 06 and must tell everyone about 1 restaurant there, the worst we had ever been to. The first was Don Quijote which is up a side track off the main road we had spent over two hours one afternoon sat outside in the sun having a few beers and a few jugs of sangria the service was really good every time we ordered a drink out came the free tapas couldn't fault the young lady who served us her attitude was great nothing was to much trouble for her, we decided to go back that night to show our appreciation for the good service and have a meal and this is what happened, we all found a seat and sat down the place was fairly quiet only about 6 local people in watching the uefa cup, we ordered sangria, bread, alioli and olives then looked at the menu we all picked the Mixed Grill at this point an English Woman came out of the back and asked us how we wanted it cooking we told her then she disappeared into the kitchen, a fewe minutes later 1 plate came out with my brother inlaws mixed grill on he cut in to his steak I asked him I thought you ordered yours medium he said yes but infact it was BLUE and being polite he continued to eat then the rest came out then the woman said strangley if you want it cooking more tell her, my fiancee cut into what looked like chicken and it was raw i tried the burger that was uncooked and my sisters plate was covered in blood and she had asked for hers to be well done all the meals went back to be cooked even more but they all came back the same, I had a pork chop on my plate that looked like it had never seen any kind of heat it looked that raw when cut open, we all looked at each other and decided that we couldnt eat it for fear of being ill, we asked for the bill not wanting to cause a fuss and was willing to pay for the food, the English woman was talkingto the locals at what appeared to be about us as she pointed towards us and was laughing, she came upto us and we told her that we couldnt eat the food as it wasnt cooked, the waitress from earlier in day looked really embarassed at what had happened and told us that the bill was only 12euros which was just for the sangria, we gave her 20euros and told her to keep the change for her service earlier in the day and left, I was looking on the web for photos of portinatx and the same woman appeared on a photo in a bodega in Portinatx i think she may have worked there. So I would not recommend anyone eat there or if they do, do so at thier own risk.

Steve Ward

wjoshuad@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Villa mercedes

Went to Villa mercedes at the 13Th August, the looks are beatifull but the rest is nothing more than a normal taveren at home. Their famous starte wasn't even possible; the magret de canard wasn't really good and their not capable of waiting between dishes.
Only good thing was the Cabernet of Sauvignon

Next time I try out L'elephant !

Sa Pleixet - Just by Harbour Eivissa

A street side bar with tapas and raciones but there is a menu of other stuff. Its just of the harbour by the record stalls.

This is a great spot for people watching and having a light meal. I went several times and has mixed tapas or raciones. I particularly like their octopus and potato dish, abondigas (meat balls) etc.

You meet lots of local people there and its not expensive. You pay sensible prices for Beers and food. I recall for reasonable feed and a couple of beers it was not much over E10 -12, depending on how much you drink!! I think tapas were 4.50 and raciones 6 they all come with bread

You can hear the record stalls and see all the people going by.

Great local staff too who dont mind you trying your worst Spanish.

A great simple place to settle into before heading off to Pacha or El Divino

good one..... the correct name is peixet though!! :idea:

47ns9p5.jpg

(which translated from ibicenco to english means "little fishy" :p )

I'd recommend this place also - brilliant drink prices considering the area. All made with branded spirits by welcoming staff - completley the opposite of such 'luminary' establishments as Base Bar and Rock Bar. Give it a go.

Tonys Bar/Restaurant

Hello,

Do you know whether Tonys Bar/Restaurant is still in Seista? A few years ago he was opposite the Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta.

Many thanks
Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back