Restaurant reviews 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to El Row after Ants on Saturday and I'm looking for somewhere to eat in between, any suggestions for somewhere close by? Would prefer more than just a bar snack etc

I would go to Sissi's. Its about a 5 minute walk if you head north towards Sankeys. The food is pretty good and not overly expensive and its definitely much better than a snack, i think open until 2 am.

Chiringay,good food, great location excellent drinks, excellent staff. So relaxed I don't think you'd ever be asked to leave a table there.

I ate 3x at "Pizzaman" in St. Antonio. Amazing Italian food.
Also have a menue deal for 7€ (pizza with one topping + drink).

Anyone got any particular tips for reasonably priced eateries with splendid views? Costa o el campo....?

Im thinking along the lines of Bar Llumbi in Es Cubells. The wee bar/restaurant perched up on the hill up from Anita's looks like it would have impressive views - hows the scran? (Bar Toni Ribas - cheers Google Maps!). Is Las Puertas del Cielo worth trying to find? Any other recomendations? Also, a good eatery to watch the sunset over salinas salt pans would also be great.

Filling up my phone with options for the upcoming trip in September.

Es Boldado is a good spot @fatphilb Havent been for a few years, its not that cheap, kind of average ish for a good fish place but they do make Cafe Caleta at your table and its ace. Or Carmen at Cal D'Hort too. Went to Bar Llumbi last year - on the day it is closed! So havent checked it out properly yet. Las Puertas is on my list this year so will be interested to hear any info on that too. Others worth checking; El Bigotes, La Noria, S'Espartar...

la noria. good paellas for decent prices.

can suleyetas. their montaditos are legendary and they also do sardinada once a week. bonus points for those who even find the place - this one is properly off the beaten track.

also, the chriniguito right in the middle of cala gracio (not gracioneta) does a wicked parrillada de pescado for very little money - believe me.

last but not least, this one isn't cheap, but I simply love the location: ses boques down on the bottom of es cubells. I'll just add that a few of my favourite secret beaches are close to that one too ;)

La Oliva: Food still good but portions are turning microscopic.
Sa Brisa Gastrobar: As much as I hate the "gastro/hippy/chic/bohemian bull**it", I enjoyed the best tapas in Ibiza.
Plaza del sol: Disappointing, everything was pre cooked, my stomach wasn't happy. Nothing against pre cooked meals when done with strict hygiene rules.
Rincon del puerto ibiza: tagliatelle with parmesan, their signature dish, is unbeatable. generous portions.
IbizaFood Studio: My best food experience in Ibiza. No fuss, no glitter, just fresh local products. Magnifique.

Couple of simple reviews:

Tapas San Antonio - Simply best tapas i have every eaten (scallops, prawns in chilly and garlic, steak skewers, chorizo & fried brie)

Fish Shack - Was yet again impressed with how fresh and tasty this was (seabass & squid dishes)

Not sure of the name but a new steakhouse/tapas bar on Santa Eulalia marina front - definitely the best 'tea' we had this year with plenty of choice especially for meat lovers (i had calamari and fillet steak)

Sunset Ashram - Really nice views and the food was extremely good, mostly seafood dishes with an asian twist - something i haven't experienced before and although expensive i would definitely recommend if you haven't been (i had crab and octopus dishes)

Hopefully be able to add a few more to the list come October!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back