Restaurant reviews 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the food at pikes generally. the sunday roast is sort of their highlight, but I had a very tasty 'normal' dinner a few weeks ago.

hi guys, here's a tip for someone staying in PdB wanting to have a good paella (or other spanish rice dish or fish / seafood) without having to leave the resort. bali beach restaurant, right on the beach and next to santos. it's a place very well-known with the locals and we finally went there the other day. really good quality and fairly priced too. recommended!

Best place for a nice 'romantic' meal just as the suns setting? Staying in san an bay but dont mind going elsewhere.

Anything but fish basically!

Best place for a nice 'romantic' meal just as the suns setting? Staying in san an bay but dont mind going elsewhere.

Anything but fish basically!

Try the beach. It's in the bay, fairly hidden away as it's down a side road. We went there last night and shared a load of starters between four of us. Everyone was massively impressed with the quality of the food. The cocktails are also amazing. Definitely great for a romantic meal

hi guys, here's a tip for someone staying in PdB wanting to have a good paella (or other spanish rice dish or fish / seafood) without having to leave the resort. bali beach restaurant, right on the beach and next to santos. it's a place very well-known with the locals and we finally went there the other day. really good quality and fairly priced too. recommended!
Just been here for lunch. Great food at a good price, had mixed paella washed down with an estrella and rioja. Doesnt look much from outside but full of locals like you say. 56 Euros for 2 estrellas, bottle rioja, bread and aioli, two mixed paella, 2 coffee.
Nice recommend.

yeah the beauty of bali beach is that from the outside it looks pretty crap tbh, but once you know what they bring out of that kitchen...yay! :)

QUOTE="linzimarie67, post: 843294, member: 18852"]Sounds good. You know you're getting on when you're planning your Ibiza holiday around menu lineups more than club lineups....[/QUOTE]
Welcome to my world. :)

Went to Beach House for lunch & drinks the other day and had a pretty bad experience.

G/F and I had 3 or 4 drinks and the Linguine Vongole (for 2). This came out very nicely presented but turned out to be massively over salty to the point where it made you feel dry.

I'm not one to kick up a fuss so I just put it down to salty clams or something plus I had pretty much finished by this point. When you pay these prices you at least expect the chef to taste it. Definitely wouldn't order that again.

Anyway the thing that really got me was after I had paid the bill I continued to finish the half of draft beer that I had left. Hot, sunny day - didn't want to down it.

One of the waiters then kindly tells me I have 10 minutes until the next booking arrives, this was the first mention to me but fair enough I suppose? Though this was an odd time of 13:40 at this point meaning they had booked a table for 13:50?

5 minutes later he then kindly popped back over and advised me that they had arrived... Basically asking me to do one. Not even a would you mind moving to the bar?

You'd think after spending over €100 you get a little bit of customer service.

I kindly asked if they could wait a few f'ing minutes while I finish the tiny bit of beer I had left, with a smile of course.

I would never spend another minute of my time in that bar again.

pp, not surprised at that. places like beachouse are good to party, but not to have a nice relaxed meal

I had always wanted to find somewhere in sa penya to eat/drink. Call it a calling to the dangerous rep or a love of small alleyways. Anyway it all came together last night at this place:

http://ibizagastro.com/archive/sushiyaaoyama.html

If you are looking for a slightly off the beaten track, not touristy, small restaurant selling tremendous sushi it's here. Only shame is we got there 1130 and could only spend an hour, will be booking for an evening next time. Brilliant.

If you are looking for a slightly off the beaten track, not touristy, small restaurant selling tremendous sushi it's here. Only shame is we got there 1130 and could only spend an hour, will be booking for an evening next time. Brilliant.

Their sushi is the best I've had in Ibiza and a fraction of the price of many other places which shall remain nameless ! McCrackers meet-up venue ... when the motor yacht isn't to hand ;) :D. Love the location too (apart from getting parked :rolleyes:) - and the chupitos :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back