Pyramid or Solomun

RCunningham

Anyone have any recent reports on Pryamid? I’m tossing between Pryamid with Hawtin, Klock, Nina and Sama on 20 August. Or Solomun and Koze at Pacha.

I know they’re two very different parties music wise, but I haven’t seen any reviews on Pyramid. I’m sure I read somewhere they’ve had the curtain up in the terrace due to low numbers.

The last time I went to pacha or amnesia was in 2006 so maybe pacha is the way to go just based on the changes to the club since then.

Any advice is appreciate!

Think Amnesia would be busy for that date with Hawtin on the terrace and Nina main room, maybe not heaving but busy - no curtain. Guess it just comes down to music, Amnesia will be pretty hard techno in main room and terrace will be hard too. Pacha won’t be as doof doof that’s for sure. I’ve not been to Pacha since all the changes either but wouldn’t let that be the deciding factor…for me it always comes down to music. I’d go for Pacha purely because of Koze, he’s an excellent dj and although I’m not quite as into his sound now as I once was, he doesn’t tend to disappoint! Amnesia line up perhaps a little light, would prefer Kraviz and Hawtin in same room and something different in the terrace.

This one would be a hard one for me too. Both (Koze and Hawtin) different, both amazing at what they do, and both play less and less these days.

I mean, if you wanted to go all in on one night, you could do both - but I appreciate expensive.

Koze likely to play at Pacha 00:30 - 02:30 or 03:00, and I doubt Hawtin with be on until ~04:00 at Amnesia.

You’d obviously miss the Koze B2B with Solomun from 05:00 - Close.

Think Amnesia would be busy for that date with Hawtin on the terrace and Nina main room, maybe not heaving but busy - no curtain. Guess it just comes down to music, Amnesia will be pretty hard techno in main room and terrace will be hard too. Pacha won’t be as doof doof that’s for sure. I’ve not been to Pacha since all the changes either but wouldn’t let that be the deciding factor…for me it always comes down to music. I’d go for Pacha purely because of Koze, he’s an excellent dj and although I’m not quite as into his sound now as I once was, he doesn’t tend to disappoint! Amnesia line up perhaps a little light, would prefer Kraviz and Hawtin in same room and something different in the terrace.

I would say that @elmooreo post is a great summary of what you can expect from the events musically.

I had a similar debate for this coming Sunday with our two options - Solomun + Keinemusik or Hawtin, CDW, KiNK etc - really tough choice for me personally and found myself very torn - always loved Solomun+1 at Pacha and Pyramid has really come into its own at Amnesia and particularly on some weeks is a superb party.

however, when we finally made the decision and purchased tickets in advance a while ago, we went with Solomun.

I'd been riding a Keinemusik wave at the time of purchasing tickets (having been a fan for some time) and Sundays at Pacha have been a bit of a staple every year in Ibiza for us. I've heard mixed reports and sets from both in recent times which has made me a little apprehensive - but overall I've yet to have a single bad night at Pacha for Solomun and the general consensus of our group is that is the event for us.

come back to me Monday and I'll be able to confirm if that was a good choice or not! 🤣

This one would be a hard one for me too. Both (Koze and Hawtin) different, both amazing at what they do, and both play less and less these days.

I mean, if you wanted to go all in on one night, you could do both - but I appreciate expensive.

Koze likely to play at Pacha 00:30 - 02:30 or 03:00, and I doubt Hawtin with be on until ~04:00 at Amnesia.

You’d obviously miss the Koze B2B with Solomun from 05:00 - Close.

We get in on Sunday after 25+ hrs of flying so I’m not sure at 40 I’ll have the stamina to go back to back in one night. Plus I’m hoping - which is seeming more unlikely the more I think about it - that I can make it to circo on Monday 😅

thanks, great reply and I hadn’t thought about the music across both rooms in amnesia until you mentioned it - it’s likely they will be similar across both - maybe slightly higher bpm in the main but doesn’t really take advantage of having two rooms.

I would say that @elmooreo post is a great summary of what you can expect from the events musically.

I had a similar debate for this coming Sunday with our two options - Solomun + Keinemusik or Hawtin, CDW, KiNK etc - really tough choice for me personally and found myself very torn - always loved Solomun+1 at Pacha and Pyramid has really come into its own at Amnesia and particularly on some weeks is a superb party.

however, when we finally made the decision and purchased tickets in advance a while ago, we went with Solomun.

I'd been riding a Keinemusik wave at the time of purchasing tickets (having been a fan for some time) and Sundays at Pacha have been a bit of a staple every year in Ibiza for us. I've heard mixed reports and sets from both in recent times which has made me a little apprehensive - but overall I've yet to have a single bad night at Pacha for Solomun and the general consensus of our group is that is the event for us.

come back to me Monday and I'll be able to confirm if that was a good choice or not! 🤣

I knew I couldn’t be the only person who was facing this existential decision 😂

Would love to hear how you go at Solomun. I’ve only ever been to Ibiza in early July so not looking forward to a late august visit but it was the only time I could get away from work for a week. I’m guessing Pacha will be sardines in a can?

I’ve only ever been to Ibiza in early July so not looking forward to a late august visit but it was the only time I could get away from work for a week. I’m guessing Pacha will be sardines in a can?

From my experience (and this year might be different), but I’d say from around 20 August (2/3 through August) numbers just start to tick down a bit. A few less elbows on the dancefloor, a few more sunbeds available (can’t take the Brit out of me), and a few more taxis available.

From my experience (and this year might be different), but I’d say from around 20 August (2/3 through August) numbers just start to tick down a bit. A few less elbows on the dancefloor, a few more sunbeds available (can’t take the Brit out of me), and a few more taxis available.

First week of September , the numbers are noticeably lower. Best time for me. This year, too ? We will see.

First week of September , the numbers are noticeably lower. Best time for me. This year, too ? We will see.

Oh September 100% quieter. But I do find that the last week of August every day just gets that little bit quieter.

Oh September 100% quieter. But I do find that the last week of August every day just gets that little bit quieter.

First week of september holiday starts , end of september ends ( 18 ). Thats the time , everything is still open but more relaxed.
Last week of august : A little quiter than in July. Last rammed days.

I'm well out the loop so my knowledge of this chap is just to recognise his name, but I enjoyed reading that and would go and see him off the back of it, were I ever to step in a nightclub again,

It's a sound guy and producer -blissda is a piece of art- but his dj sets carry waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much latin in my humble opinion.

Yeah like the article says he takes risks and certainly won’t just play hits..he’s not for everyone.

There aren’t that many club sets out there recorded but these are some of my fave podcast mixes just to give you a little taste….he tends to start with hip hop and alternative sounds before heading more in a club music direction.

He’s also an excellent producer…

https://youtu.be/0FE3TO-U9GA

https://youtu.be/cxz8qJ2B8Ug

Richie playing much earlier @ 02:30… so ignore what I said.

Back