Politics Discussion (& Gossip)

Im still not sure what Nina Kraviz has publicly done except be Russian.

Compare that to the countless DJs and acts supporting Corbyn who led the opposition at a time when the EHCR found them not to deal / turn a blind eye to antisemitism?
Bingo. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I’m confused why any shop would have Pro Russia and Putin merchandise? Can someone please explain.
I can’t explain it. That’s why I raised it. It’s just there with the other tourist tees in one of those shops up the road from Hi, same side of the street. The shop with Z on the wall and a picture of Putin just seems to be selling boho outfits, I didn’t see any pro Putin merchandise so I presume the owner is a personal supporter. It was really odd to see. It was there last year and there again in early May this year. Will see if it’s still there in s couple of weeks.

Exactly, some absolute virtue signalling bollocks being posted on here. Of course those replying have always been angels. Standard since forums began.
I don’t understand the comparison you are making. I’m not sure what the angelic status or otherwise of posters has to do with them saying it’s wrong to give business to and advocate a dj that openly supports a dictator responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people. I just think you are over simplifying the issue so that you can separate politics from the music you want to hear. Sounds like self justification.

Why do you think Russian athletes aren’t allowed to compete under the Russian flag? It’s because of sports washing that has been a thing for decades. Why do you think there are sanctions placed on individuals, exports and imports? It is to impact Russia’ economy so that the people and regime see the consequences of the regime’s actions and reduce their ability to buy more weapons. Whether it works or is tokenistic is another matter, but that’s why you can’t disassociate hobbies from politics for your own personal benefit.

Last edited:
‘In the past’ - everyone knows if she speaks out, given she only holds a Russian passport and still lives in Moscow - she’d end up in jail.
You said, ‘Im still not sure what Nina Kraviz has publicly done except be Russian’. I’ve just shown you what she has publicly done. She has publicly supported Putin and his regime that invaded Ukraine and killed tens of thousands of people.

You said, ‘Im still not sure what Nina Kraviz has publicly done except be Russian’. I’ve just shown you what she has publicly done. She has publicly supported Putin and his regime that invaded Ukraine and killed tens of thousands of people.
Before the incident, not after. And she’s made a statement since.

Before the incident, not after. And she’s made a statement since.
I am responding to your original statement and giving you the evidence about her support for Putin. It is because of that she was targeted to condemn the actions of the Russian authorities. She was further criticised when she didn’t, removed from several line ups and went missing on social media for a couple of months (unheard of for her). Nastia had some particularly interesting things to say about it all. It was only when it was apparent that the silence and her history of support for Putin was bad for business that she issued a statement. It’s not a good look.

Plague raves….Nina Putin connection…..can’t wait to see what the next installment is in the faux outrage / virtue signaling playbook!!

You can call anyone a hypocrite, but show me a western state as bad as Russia… for all America’s sins they can still turf these people out at elections. And when US personnel did commit abuses there were people able to document it and they did. The American opposition doesn’t just disappear into a forest If it steps out of line.

The media severely misrepresents how the Russia - Ukraine thing all came about. And I am saying this as someone with both American and Ukrainian roots. The full story isn't regularly broadcasted in the West. At the end of the day the dancefloor is supposed to be a place we can be united together. People from different places are going to have their own perspectives. Maybe part Nina's perspective is based on propaganda but ours is too

Seems pretty clearcut to me. A UN-recognised country was illegally invaded, partially occupied and brutalised, for no other reason than to satisfy a tyrant’s landgrab fantasy. Putin had form and expected the govt to keel over like the previous places he attacked, but UKR didn’t play ball and here we are. Any Russian celebrity with influence not publically recognising what I just wrote is complicit.

The media severely misrepresents how the Russia - Ukraine thing all came about. And I am saying this as someone with both American and Ukrainian roots. The full story isn't regularly broadcasted in the West. At the end of the day the dancefloor is supposed to be a place we can be united together. People from different places are going to have their own perspectives. Maybe part Nina's perspective is based on propaganda but ours is too
Ok Mr ITK Бертон, what’s it really all about then? Tell us western world dullards the full story we are missing that we haven’t previously heard that justifies what Russia have done?

Last edited:
For the record I do not condone violence of any type and am staunchly anti-war. But if you don't understand what was going on in the eastern regions of Ukraine for the past decade +, why it was happening / the role that Nato / US Gov played in it happening, then you're missing key elements of the story. "A tyrant's crazy landgrab" is what the media wants you to believe. It is not anywhere near that simple.
That’s all easy to say but you aren’t actually saying anything.

Like Donbas and Crimea being invaded and annexed in 2014? Russia saying they wouldn’t do that? Russia denying using military then admitting to doing so? Communist Yanukovych being ousted due to the Euromaiden protests following him reneging on alignment with the EU in return for Russian trade deal and loan? False referendums? Fake elections? Political opponents all being arrested, jailed, murdered or disappearing? False Russian accusations of bombings and targeting of civilians by Ukraine? NATO membership that never came? EU membership that never came? You mean those sort of things in Eastern Ukraine? What are we missing? No one ever says it is simple. Nor that propaganda isn’t used on all sides. But please don’t go all Solovyov, Skabeeva, Simonyan on us.

Last edited:
Back