PHOTOS - winter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you honestly mean it when you said there probably wouldn't be a winter pictures thread this year?? :(
i did, as i told you in person one month ago. you would expect that after spending so many hours with this thread (resizing + uploading images steals far too much time) people would show a bit of interest but no, from the first photos to the last ones only seven members of the forum posted some feedback. that's exactly the same reason why in the past i stopped doing things like the quizzes threads, the billboards threads or listing the restaurants i was going to (and i can think of other stuff that will be next on that list)..... too much work + no feedback = pointless :!:

hm mackie i see your point. but the thing is, people are often generally just too lazy to comment anything. look at how many views the clubbing reviews get and how little feedback comes back. look at how many views your mentionned threads get and how much feedback comes back.

honestly, i am 100% certain there are many people out there loving your threads, even if they never said anything about it. even I often just enjoy the piccies or the info you provide without commenting...but still I love your work and always love to have a look at whatever you post. especially the winter pics helps a lot of people in cold northern europe through the winter period. i'd be very happy to get the odd winter in ibiza pic on here!!!

... you would expect that after spending so many hours with this thread (resizing + uploading images steals far too much time) people would show a bit of interest but no, from the first photos to the last ones only seven members of the forum posted some feedback. that's exactly the same reason why in the past i stopped doing things like the quizzes threads, the billboards threads or listing the restaurants i was going to (and i can think of other stuff that will be next on that list)...
:(

... I am 100% certain there are many people out there loving your threads,
even if they never said anything about it.

... love your work
and always love to have a look at whatever you post

:p 8)

Thx for your work McRakin,
i spent a lot of time searching Google-Maps/Fotos to find all this places which have been
posted by you,and visited them.
Sorry for no comments:rolleyes:

Well, I don't think 11k+ Hits for a single thread means lack of feedback.

What do you expect?
Comments like: awesome, nice pic, some sort of smily, great pic...?

What after posting the next pics?
The same comments?

100's of comments between pics will only spoil the whole thread.

whether you continue or not, thanks for always posting the great photos in here McRackin. I've been reading these forums for 6yrs and although I have gone to the island 4 times, this thread has always made me long to plan a trip during the winter season as you have always made it look beautiful

Love them pics. Me and my family look at them throughout the winter months. I'll happily comment on them, if it makes you post them this winter.

Cheers either way.

McRackin,
I always find your posts very useful and keep going back to have a look more than once to the "Winter's photos" one in particular, so please, keep going as you work is appreciated and I for one will be sad not to see more. 8)

Will be sad to see the thread end, one of my all time favourites on the whole forum.:( I can honestly say the winter threads eventually inspired us to make our first winter visit this year.

A big loss to the forum, fur sure.

WLI, Seconded! booked for march on how much I enjoyed those pics (and Rics contributions it must be said)
Obviously I know now it wasnt but there was a time I thought it was a locked thread only mods could post on:oops:

wli, seconded! Booked for march on how much i enjoyed those pics (and rics contributions it must be said)
obviously i know now it wasnt but there was a time i thought it was a locked thread only mods could post on:oops:

:d

i did, as i told you in person one month ago. you would expect that after spending so many hours with this thread (resizing + uploading images steals far too much time) people would show a bit of interest but no, from the first photos to the last ones only seven members of the forum posted some feedback. that's exactly the same reason why in the past i stopped doing things like the quizzes threads, the billboards threads or listing the restaurants i was going to (and i can think of other stuff that will be next on that list)..... too much work + no feedback = pointless :!:

Its certainly not pointless McRackin, but I can see why you would lose interest. It would be a massive shame if this thread shut down for good. These winter pictures get me through the bad weather here.

I'm also planning a trip with my parents in late April (I wanted to come over in February for the Almond blossoms but my Mums wanting a bit more heat). This planned visit is solely down to the sterling work that you and others put in to let us all know Ibiza is open for business all year round.

Please don't be disheartened!

Love all the pics (winter pics, billboard pic, etc) and you wrote down so much usefull information.
But I don't have to urge to comment on all these. But I really enjoy them and it would be a shame if you stop these threads. Please, keep them coming!!!

Another post of praise McRackin :D

Bit of a lurker on here sometimes, but your pics and overall island knowledge do not go unnoticed. Love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back