PHOTOS - winter 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
sant jordi, december 31st:

4231820764_8e84a6d6e3.jpg

ibzsierra

sand @ sa trinxa completely gone :eek:

is that normal in winter that storms etc eat the whole beach ?
global warming ??
or was that area always rocky and the sand is only for the tourists ?
and how do they refill ?? are they pumping it back directly from the "salinas-sea"
or do lorries have to come from elsewhere ?

Last edited by a moderator:
no idea. i'd never been there until yesterday. we had to walk through the terrace because the sea was so high

100_1809.JPG

cala yogi, january 17th:

jt51k6.jpg

s6kpom.jpg

30a5lk1.jpg

2cf9nxe.jpg

o7pooz.jpg

2mydz.jpg

2vifhna.jpg

2nk2k2u.jpg

124zvkk.jpg

2uzxv0h.jpg

theres something special about having lunch next to the sea on a beautiful sunny day with the warm sun in your face..... especially in mid-january. by the amount of people in t-shirts, and the nutter swimming in the beach, it felt like spring already..... pure bliss. then a walk to get the food down and enjoy the sunset from one of my fave spots on the island..... it cant get any better (even if the sunset was poo) ! !

i hope you count yourself very lucky that you can do this whenever you want... 8)8)

I've been living in the island for the past 3 years and never been to cala yogi... I'm now in Vancouver for holidays but as soon as I land in Ibiza i will try to discover this place, thank you for shering these pics!

cala llenya, january 24th:

29v1kdz.jpg

20tqhc2.jpg

np3loj.jpg

29f9emu.jpg

forecast for the day: rain, rain and more rain..... luckily we only got a few silly drops late afternoon, great. in the mood for another chilled beach-side lunch so off to cala martina this time. i havent been in cala llenya for ages so we decided to nose around up there after lunch..... we didnt stop at the popular sunday market though, next time. first surprising thing, lots and lots of beautiful villas..... second, the big amount of people that live there all year round. then down to the beach for a walk... wow, i nearly forgot how pretty it is. for the first time in the fourty years it has been there, this winter the chiringuito is open..... make sure you try the lovely old wee woman's homemade hierbas!!

no, you don't have to be smarter than the average to know that it's because someone had a pic-a-nic basket stolen there once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back