Pacha's 2014 line-up

Rumour mill is in full spring mode, so this is what we know (or think we know) so far! Epica and Wisdom (in the same form as last year) will not be back this year. Looks like Pacha will have only two tech-house / underground parties in the form of Insane & Solomun + 1. Guy Gerber (rumoured) to be part of Insane on a Friday and maybe part of more parties at Destino. Disappointed that Wisdom isn't back, but looks like Guy Gerber will still be part of the Pacha family, so happy in that respects, and I think the Insane party can build on what they had last year.

Looks like Pacha are swallowing another EDM pill on Wednesday and having Steve Aoki as resident. No idea as yet what Monday's will be, but guessing that Chuckie may be part of it if its a re-hash of Epica last year (pure guess). Pure Pacha was a complete road-block last year, so can't imagine them changing it much and / or moving it from Saturday slot.

Monday - ? No Idea ?
Tuesday - Flower Power (guessing it is back on Tuesday as very very busy night for Pacha)
Wednesday - Steve Aoki residency ?
Thursday - FMIF / Guetta
Friday - INSANE (assume John Digweed, Fritz Kalkbrenner and maybe Guy Gerber as residents?)!
Saturday - Pure Pacha
Sunday - Solomun + 1

New World Punx should theoretically be on there somewhere, judging by the posters at the end of last season.

Where abouts on the poster did it show Pacha? From the one Mcrackin put in the NWP thread theres no sign but its not a full picture.
Seems strange for any night to advertise a summer in advance doesnt it?

confirmed!

BiHUH3nCUAAHUWG.jpg

Not keen on this at all. Looks and sounds like another step towards the Las Vegas off the shelf pre packaged party. Not for me at all although I am sure it will attract a crowd

I saw Aoki a few years ago along with Faithless & Felix da Housecat at Warehouse Project before all of his cake throwing and inflatable boat antics. Really enjoyed his set, he's a very good DJ just a shame he ruins it with the showman stuff.

Correct, on which it states "Steve Aoki announcing his upcoming Pacha Ibiza residency of Summer 2014"

Aoki years ago was a good dj in terms of song selection.... and i've met him before - really nice chill guy. But I wouldn't be interested to hear him spin nowadays.

Bit of a joke after all their protestations last year about music policy during the Whittle split. Just goes to show, in the end they're all PR merchants and consequently full of bulls**t to the end :rolleyes:

Bit of a joke after all their protestations last year about music policy during the Whittle split. Just goes to show, in the end they're all PR merchants and consequently full of bulls**t to the end :rolleyes:

see your point, but fridays and sundays are still going to be very OK. i've said it enough times, i loved WOTG, but it simply didn't pull the crowds as much as it should have. not sure about the aoki thing myself, but we'll see.

see your point, but fridays and sundays are still going to be very OK. i've said it enough times, i loved WOTG, but it simply didn't pull the crowds as much as it should have. not sure about the aoki thing myself, but we'll see.

Couldn't agree more, and I'd be interested if all these people that now moan that Pacha has gone back to more EDM actually supported nights like WOTG. As much as I was a card-carrying holder of the WOTG fan-club, not enough of us on the more underground side of things supported the night. However, hopefully Gerber will be back at Insane and maybe even WOTG will be at Destino - where it seemed to work well there last year in July.

Back