Pacha Restaurant

Okay,

A bit of a late report this time from Pacha Restaurant. Only a quick post but I just don't think its massively worth it anymore. Its due to the quite large price increase over the past few years and in some respects, the minimum spend.

Now, I never used to take the piss in there. When i first started going, my bill for two used to come to about 120. Boom! Nicely fed and watered and roll into the club.

When three of us went in August, the bill was 385.

You can get it a little lower than this but lets say you had the following each (not the most expensive items by far)

Pre Drink + mixer - 14
Starter - 29
Main - 37
Desert - 16
Wine - 26 (1 bottle @52 split for 2)
Water - 4 (split 8 bottle)
Drink for Club - 14

So, add on the 10% IVA and you are looking at 150 plus per person. The minimum spend is 95 except Thurs Sat Sun when its 120

I went on a Friday and asked for a table inside, the terrace was almost empty. The entrance price was 40/50 that night on its own. So in effect Im paying 100 for my meal, an amount which I may want to spend elsewhere?

If you haven't been before its a nice experience. But Ive done it around 15 times now and its priced itself out of the diver sensible budget.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers

P

When three of us went in August, the bill was 385.

Trouble is that so many upmarket restaurants serving "OK" but not world-beating food are priced like this or higher - with mediocre food and definitely no club admission. A main baked fish alone in Elements at Benirras was 70 - 80 Euros even 3 years ago, you'd probably end up at about 160+ a head adding in starters, puddings, wine and extra drinks. Across the board the price of a 3-course nosh-up anywhere fancy is basically ludicrous now ... and I've yet to be blown away by the food anywhere. Simpler places are just expensive rather than extortionate.

Guess a benefit of eating there is falling into the club without having to relocate yourself after dinner. But you're paying for that privilege now - gone are the days when you could basically get a cheap meal and drinks that largely offsets admission charges. You get very little for nothing on the island now !

Back