No More Balconing Please

Thanks Creedscat and liv, Yeah I'll get over it in time like I said I had the best time Dj'ing out there it was ace after 10 months of not playing as I've been battling to see my Daughter through the courts, I let it all get on top of me and decided I had to restart my life again so I went out and got a couple of gigs, I had a great time and that was my 3rd visit and by far the best I was on top of the world then seeing that has thrown me, it's just compounded things with a good friend commiting suicide last week it has made me think life is to short so I'm going to make the most of it from now on.

then seeing that has thrown me, it's just compounded things with a good friend commiting suicide last week it has made me think life is to short so I'm going to make the most of it from now on.

That's the right way to look at these things, I think. We all have ups and downs, some of us far more pronounced than others. I've never shyed away from admitting that downs can sometimes feel intolerable and there are way more people out there than admit to struggling, sometimes to excessive levels. In my own life now when I'm experiencing something or somewhere new/amazing or fulfilling I always think back to 'difficult' times and feel incredibly lucky to still be alive to enjoy the experience. Choices made in the past could have had a very different outcome and I often still feel a bit humble to be given the chance. Also make far more effort to do meaningful things with my life, however simple, within whatever parameters I can manage.

Moments of madness can also all too easily have fatal or life-changing consequences and bring things crashing down in an instant in so many ways. Virtually every one of us has done reckless things, sometimes more often than we care to remember or admit. It's often only by seeing harsh realities in front of your own eyes or experiencing serious consequences which imprint responsibility and caution. For those who don't get dealt a second chance it's a terrible price to pay. For the rest of us, we owe it to ourselves not to take life for granted.

Exactly spot on ^^^. I also bet that whoever witnessed that horrific incident like phatboytim did, then they would think twice about the consequences about the dangers of climbing/jumping off balconies. I read news reports on young men/women who have lost their lives due to either falling or jumping and its upsetting, let alone having to witness it. Going back to witnessing a motorcyclist who incidentally lost control of his bike, hit a tree full on and was decapitated, I vowed Id never ride a motorcycle ever since and it still hasn't changed my mind to this day. Something like that can haunt you for years. Its a shame people have to do such stupid things, especially while your on holiday, no one wants to witness that, fcuk me you go on holiday to get away from all the depressing things that happen at home,ie shootings/murders etc. I know you can lose your inhibitions while on holiday but sometimes we need to stop, think what we are doing, whether that be stumbling across a dark road,pissed after a night out or being egged on to do something you don't want to do, or neck necking a massive cocktail of drink and drugs , Stay safe.:)

The 2 jumpers in the vid, had PARACHUTES. They look experts in their sport.
They are not going through a "madness" moment (Kimajy copyright). It is all prepared with lot of precautions.
Same with the swiss pilot Jetman. The man flies with jets!

Always so sad to see, there was a guy up on the roof of Ibiza Rocks Hotel for about 4 hours the other week too, think he ended up getting down. Can't understand why people would risk their lives to do this sort of thing.

People who do it to take the piss and for 'fun' have never been on the sharp end of having to clean up the mess/ do first aid/ tell parents that their child is dead.
People who do it because they are not well need a massive hug.

Amazing that there are actually people in Spain formally studying the phenomenon of balconing. Here's an interview with a doctor in Palma who was even awarded an OBE for his extensive research! it's obviously outrageous that doctors are having to waste their time on these idiots.

Hilarious article about the International Federation of Balconing 😂

Respect, falls from the 4th floor in mare nostrum, and discharges himself from hospital the next day.... the tragedy, has a certain comedy 😂

balconing has actually become a semi-official word in the Spanish language. You can be sure that when anyone has a gripe with a certain type of tourist, that word won’t be far behind..

We obv don't know the facts here but the cops will confirm these tragedies are usually caused by people being dicks.

Back