New York & Las Vegas

claretclubber

Few US related questions. Visitng New York and Vegas soon.

Are there any resale sites in the US where people off load tickets last minute? In the UK we have twickets for example.

What are the dress codes, guessing theyll range NY to Vegas. Vegas indicates no trainers, people clubbing in shit flickers?

New York - looking for recommendation for rooftop parties? Fancied Superior Ingredients, Brooklyn, after a friend visited around NYE but the night on whilst im there is too techy for work colleagues I fear. DJ f***off at Elswehere seems an option. Jamie Jones at Brooklyn Navy Year and Derek Carter at Silo looks interesting - opinions welcomed.

Vegas - travelling with my wife, looks slim pickings for decent djs. I would have prefered to visit Hakkasan but not into cake throwing Steve Aoki, edging for Zouk. Are the after parties, 2-10am really for clubbing or are they strip joints?!

As there are only two of us we cant justify a bed at pool parties. Wet Republic or EBC?

For Vegas your musical options in clubs (ESPECIALLY on the strip) is going to be limited to EDM or hip hop (or typical Vegas rotation - 4 EDM, 4 hip hop, 4 top 40, 4 country).

For better tunes go to:

Discopussy, Terrace for afters, Commonwealth on Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few US related questions. Visitng New York and Vegas soon.

Are there any resale sites in the US where people off load tickets last minute? In the UK we have twickets for example.

What are the dress codes, guessing theyll range NY to Vegas. Vegas indicates no trainers, people clubbing in shit flickers?

New York - looking for recommendation for rooftop parties? Fancied Superior Ingredients, Brooklyn, after a friend visited around NYE but the night on whilst im there is too techy for work colleagues I fear. DJ f***off at Elswehere seems an option. Jamie Jones at Brooklyn Navy Year and Derek Carter at Silo looks interesting - opinions welcomed.

Vegas - travelling with my wife, looks slim pickings for decent djs. I would have prefered to visit Hakkasan but not into cake throwing Steve Aoki, edging for Zouk. Are the after parties, 2-10am really for clubbing or are they strip joints?!

As there are only two of us we cant justify a bed at pool parties. Wet Republic or EBC?

For NYC, have you checked out what's on at the Brooklyn Mirage? While it's not strictly a "rooftop" venue, it's a great outdoor space and there's an upper area / catwalk with views of the city. And otherwise it's a large outdoor space with a huge video wall.

The Avant Gardner complex also has indoor spaces -- the Great Hall and Kings Hall -- so if you really want outdoors, be sure to pick a show that's at the right stage.

And back to Vegas, the rooftop space at Commonwealth is pretty nice -- not a huge space, but it's great to be dancing under the stars. It's up on Freemont street near downtown Las Vegas, rather than on the strip. To me, that's a big plus but I know others may like the big resort vibe.

Back