New owners and name for BOOOM! in 2014?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had an incredible summer, thank you all for being apart of it!

See you in 2014

"Incredible" is probably a slight exaggeration no, but in the end the old Pacha nights Defected and Vagabundos did very well for them. Maybe Eric Morillo will be back for them next year too.

IMO (and may just be me), Luciano was the one whose crown in some ways slightly slipped this year, and I feel for him as his loyalty has to be commended and admired. I just don't think Booom is venue that does him justice. Also his Tuesday's at Ushuaia (I only went twice) IMO didn't get going either.

This is not a typical anti-Luciano thing, as I love the guy, and by all accounts his ENTER sets (Sunset and Main Room) were out of this World. I also caught him at Cocoon and blew me away.

But I can't help wondering how a man who was the King of Pacha and the absolute King of Ushuaia lost both of those spots. Maybe he is a lot happier with being slightly under the radar now. But when I think of Pacha I now think Solomun, and when I think Ushuaia I think Loco Dice (followed by Andrea Olivia).

I was a bit underwhelmed by Vagabundos at Booom. It certainly wasn't as busy as Pacha last time I went to the night there. Didn't seem to get much of an atmosphere either.

Didn't go to vagabundos @ pacha last year but found free wristband to go at boom....luciano played a fantastic set and we really liked that night! Following luciano, locodice, richie etc since 2005 and this isn't the first time he's not at 100%.....but guys everyone of them has up and down...it happens when you play 3/4 times every week....

"...
What does the future hold for Cipriani's Frankenstein monster,
which now seems to exist in the Zombie world of the walking dead?
..." :twisted:
(
danny kay)

HaHa! Funny article on Danny's blog!

IMO Luciano deserves a place in heaven if he sticks with Booom. And as much as I admire his loyalty he's crackers in my opinion if he doesn't get back to Pacha!

so...?

1560497_281451435336070_561444499_n.jpg

seems like their situation at the moment is far from legal...

It was always far from legal wasn't it? Makes South London politics look pleasant and non-corrupt! And that's saying something!

"...
What does the future hold for Cipriani's Frankenstein monster,
which now seems to exist in the Zombie world of the walking dead?
..." :twisted:
(
danny kay)

=>

"...
BOOOM EVICTION ORDERED

Judge in Ibiza has ordered,
that the tenant trading as Booom nightclub
should vacate the building by April 4th ...
... non payment of rent ...
..."

(danny kay)

I have no idea about Spanish law, but does "eviction" mean "eviction", or do you have months to fight it in the courts there-by stay in the place through-out the period.

I have a hell of a lot of respect for Defected and Simon Dunmore, but still absolutely amazed they are sticking with Booom with this hanging over.

With the timing of the announcement, part of me thinks that they may be trying to create some kind of anti-establishment / them against us type of thing. i.e. like DC10 during the closed years. They create more publicity and have people like us talking about them on forums haha.

Or could quite simply be nobody else (apart from SanAn clubs) probably needs Defected at their club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back