Movies and Video Clips filmed in Ibiza

Just wanted to expand on “seeing it though the eyes of a young one”

What I mean by this really, is todays entry point for many young people is instagram where as 20 years ago it was 18-30/Ibiza Uncovered.

The way the island was marketed has changed from hedonism to ‘luxury’.

Personally, I can’t see the luxury or glamour in Ibiza. Maybe luxury and glamour is more of a feeling than a tangible thing?

Any way. I’m quietly waiting for the bubble to burst so everyone can go get their Instagram pictures somewhere else!

Having now watched all 4 I can understand why many locals are not happy about this portrayal of the island. It veers on the sensationalist, focusing exclusively on the trashy or dark side of the economy. I know that was the brief but it's almost an Ibiza Uncovered - The Next Generation which is the last thing the island needs. I'm often a defender of the BBC but they've basically commissioned an influencer to go around the resorts and the result is such a one-dimensional view and basically free PR for O Beach. That said, it did raise some serious issues about the frighteningly under resourced emergency services, criminality, homelessness and the ravages of uber capitalism (in between all the pneumatic breasts and biceps)
Yeah this is quite true. A more mature presenter focusing on the resources (police, ambulance and housing) could of made for a good documentary.

None of the above suggestions would have made for a watchable/ratings grabbing documentary. Drug taking and coppers nicking people does.

The remit was clearly about creating a Stacey Dooley BBC3 style expose with some thick "dolly bird" capturing warts and all stuff. Guaranteed promo of the programme bringing an influencer in as well.

Reactions: PP
None of the above suggestions would have made for a watchable/ratings grabbing documentary. Drug taking and coppers nicking people does.

The remit was clearly about creating a Stacey Dooley BBC3 style expose with some thick "dolly bird" capturing warts and all stuff. Guaranteed promo of the programme bringing an influencer in as well.
I don’t agree. You just need to push it to a more mature channel. Maybe BBC 4.

Why do we need to keep dumbing ourselves down?

I don’t agree. You just need to push it to a more mature channel. Maybe BBC 4.

Why do we need to keep dumbing ourselves down?

British tv has NO IDEA how to do Spain. It's either trash resorts at one end of the scale or snotty foodies at the other. In 49 years I have never once seen a programme that gets it, and this is a large part of the problem. I myself could easily make a programme explaining the reality but nobody would watch it because people want a fantasy.

British tv has NO IDEA how to do Spain. It's either trash resorts at one end of the scale or snotty foodies at the other. In 49 years I have never once seen a programme that gets it, and this is a large part of the problem. I myself could easily make a programme explaining the reality but nobody would watch it because people want a fantasy.

The political side of Ibiza fascinates me, including how the island operates as clubbing capital for a few months each year. Also the challenges that the island faces on a biological level.

Mixed reviews in Spanish press for the new film "Disco, Ibiza, Locomía"

ElDiario.es gave it a pasting

...but El Español liked it

For anyone interested, I wrote this BLOG on Locomía a few months back.

Mixed reviews in Spanish press for the new film "Disco, Ibiza, Locomía"

ElDiario.es gave it a pasting

...but El Español liked it

For anyone interested, I wrote this BLOG on Locomía a few months back.
Saw them live in Ibiza, there was also a Locomia shop. That was a crazy time at the 80's......

Last edited:
Back