last quiz of 2007

stivi

ibiza's towers...who knows them all? mind most of them have two names!

1)
291835590.jpg

2)
291835594.jpg

3)
291835597.jpg

4)
291835778.jpg

5)
291835592.jpg

6)
291835776.jpg

7)
291835602.jpg

i'll set the ball rolling then.........

1 ses portes
2 don't know the name, but you it is opposite tagomago
3 sal rosa
4 portinatx (??)
5 torre comte (it has another name i can't remember)
6 es savinar

2 don't know the name, but you it is opposite tagomago
On my (slightly warn but much loved) map it says Torre de Campanitx. The one off the road to Es Pou des Lleo... we passed by last summer on the way from Figueral to Boix but, sadly, didn't stop in.

McRackin said:
and who has visited them all :?:
What a fun idea for our next visit! :D

Just realized #7 wasn't answered.

There can only be one other one: Torre d'es Molar. It's just west of Puerto de San Miguel.

OK, I'm at home on a Saturday afternoon passing time and, encouraged by this thread and the McRackin-inspired desire to visit them all, I did a bit of torre research.

1 ses portes
Torre de ses Portes is the one down near Ses Salinas. Built in the 18th century.

Morbyd said:
On my (slightly warn but much loved) map it says Torre de Campanitx.
Campanitx is also known as Torre d'en Valls. As mentioned above, it's near Es Pou des Lleo and Cala de Boix, with a view out to the island of Tagomago. Built in the 2nd half of the 18th century.

3 sal rosa
Torre de sa Sal Rossa is also known as Torre de Carregador. It's the one visible from Playa d'en Bossa. Built in the 16th century, it appears to be the oldest of the 7 sisters.

4 portinatx (??)
Built in the 18th century, Torre de Portinatx overlooks the town of the same name.

5 torre comte (it has another name i can't remember)
Also built in the 18th century, Torre den Rovira is also known as Torre de Comte. It's at Punta de sa Torre, in between Playa Comte and Cala Bassa.

6 es savinar
Torre des Savinar is the one with the great view of Es Vedra and Es Vedranell. South of Cala d'Hort and Cap Blanc. Also known as Torre d'es Pirata.

Morbyd said:
Torre d'es Molar. It's just west of Puerto de San Miguel
Torre des Molar is also known as Torre de Balansat. Built in the 18th century.

There are also partial remains of two towers on the north coast at Cap d' Albarca. They're known as Torres d'en Lluc
torres-den-lluc-2.jpg

In addition, my map shows one more tower on the island Sa Conillera, off the west coast near Playa Comte and Punta de sa Torre.

Aside from the 7 coastal torres, there are also plenty of torres inland of various ages and uses. This interactive website has photos of many of them: http://www.ibizapocapoc.es/Marcos/entra/Guiafacil/Torres.htm

Sources: www.eivissaweb.com, http://www.ibizapocapoc.es, my trusty map

Last edited by a moderator:
There's one in Figueritas that's just on the way to the supermarket from the main drag.

I was trying to find Torres d'es Pirata this summer on my (non) Atlantis adventure.

So what is the easiest way to Torre Comte? We saw it in the distance today when we walked towards it from Cala Bassa and then later in the day I saw a signpost for it on the Cala Conta road but when we took the turn we found no other directions.

as you drive towards cala bassa, the road once makes a right turn and there's a dust road going on straight. follow this one, it's still quite a bit to drive, and past the hill, you'll find it...but also i had to search quite long before i finally got there!

I've been making slow progress in this quest over the past couple of years :lol:

I've now made it to 4 of the 7 towers
(despite, in that time, having been to beaches near all of the other 3 and forgetting to go by and check them out!)
Torre de ses Portes is the one down near Ses Salinas. Built in the 18th century.
Actually closer to Es Cavallet, I think.
Sept. 2009
sesportes.jpg

Campanitx is also known as Torre d'en Valls. As mentioned above, it's near Es Pou des Lleo and Cala de Boix, with a view out to the island of Tagomago. Built in the 2nd half of the 18th century.
Sept. 2010
denvalls.jpg

Torre de sa Sal Rossa is also known as Torre de Carregador. It's the one visible from Playa d'en Bossa. Built in the 16th century, it appears to be the oldest of the 7 sisters.
Sept. 2010
decarregador.jpg

Built in the 18th century, Torre de Portinatx overlooks the town of the same name.
Sept 2008
portinatx.jpg

just realised i've visited them all now actually.

altho the cala conta one was over 10 years ago.

the torre d'en valls is hardest to get to find i think, well actually d'es savinar is hardest to find and get to, but paradoxically is one of the best known.

I forgot to come back and post that I completed this quest last year!

I finally made the long trek up the hill to the tower at Cala d'Hort. Probably the best view of any of the towers. Spectacular.

And I drove up the rocky road to the tower at Cala Conte. Also a nice spot, right on the coast.

Back