INTERNATIONAL MUSIC SUMMIT 2014

Anyone know who turned up to play at sankeys after ims?

I was there and it was probably the best night I've had in sankeys! Thanks to the more European/mixed crowd as opposed to what I would call a standard sankeys crowd, and the sound system being used in a less deafening manner than tribal sessions I felt haha.
Not at all bothered that the guests didn't play since Barem and Osuna in particular smashed it, but I am just curious as to who it was supposed to be.

b4 going to lio opening we were sitting @ calma and had very clear and loud sound from the ims- finale 4 free ;)

IMS LEGENDS DINNER IN HONOUR OF NILE RODGERS

http://www.internationalmusicsummit.com/
Ibiza, 3rd April 2014 (Toga Media).- The International Music Summit are proud to announce that three time Grammy Award winning musician, composer, arranger, guitarist and co founder of the band Chic, Mr. Nile Rodgers, is to receive the Legends Award at this year’s IMS Legends Dinner.

Nile will be presented with this prestigious award at the IMS Legends Dinner which is to be held at the brand new Sessions restaurant based in IMS’s new home at the Hard Rock Hotel, Ibiza. The dinner will be attended by a wealth of the industries finest, plus friends of Nile, on Wednesday 21st May 2014.

Nile said "I am extremely honoured to follow Pete Tong, Carl Cox and Fatboy Slim as the fourth recipient of the IMS Legends Award and the IMS Legends Dinner. The award means a lot from the IMS - an event which has been instrumental in introducing me to so many incredible artists in the electronic space. The award also takes me back to Ibiza for a third year in a row and I look forward to whatever surprises the dinner may bring my way!"

Ben Turner, IMS partner, said: "Our love affair with Nile goes on and we are delighted he will be accepting our IMS Legends Award at the now annual industry dinner. This event is becoming a major event on the electronic calendar and in the year that Nile took the top Grammy Awards with Daft Punk, this just feels like an extension of the incredible momentum year he and electronic music is having.

International Music Summit has unofficially committed to bringing Nile to IMS every single year going forward as he brings energy, vision, history, humour and love to the Summit setting."

IMS has been instrumental in helping to launch Nile back into electronic music, and 2014 will mark his third appearance at the event. In 2012, Nile hinted exclusively that he would be working with Daft Punk a year before ‘Get Lucky’ was released. Annually two artists are commissioned to produce and remix the IMS anthem. Last year Nile and Eats Everything were given the opportunity; and they created ‘Do You Wanna Do’ which became an instant hit. To listen to the track please click here http://bit.ly/1fWwAcw

Now in its seventh year, the summit, which has earned a reputation as ‘the TED of music conferences’, will bring together the genre’s most important and influential decision makers. Leading thinkers, futurists, trailblazers, artists, global brands and technology pioneers will debate, announce and explain new initiatives and strategies.

International Music Summit has grown from an intimate gathering of leaders of the musical genre to a major Ibiza weekend of talks and performances incorporating the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dalt Vila where the Grand Finale is held with legendary acts performing. The conference is now held in high regard and is a not to be missed forum for music collaboration and creation where the biggest minds in music come together to create and share new ideas.

IMS Legends Dinner in honour of Nile Rodgers:
Venue: Sessions @ Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Time: 9pm till late
Cost: €115
Date: Wednesday 21st May (first night of summit)
Ticket link: http://www.internationalmusicsummit.com/ibiza/events/ims-legends-dinner-nile-rodgers

25oxrtt.jpg

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/nile-rodgers-fails-to-be-recognised-as-he-goes-incognito-to-busk-on-the-southbank-10336241.html :cool:

Back