'Idea' Nightclub, Ibiza

Ikoda

925831369_6a15fdaf7e.jpg

A couple of curious questions about the above building:
What did this club used to look like, before it became a metal structure? Are there images of it around anywhere?

Why did it close down? Seems to me like it was in a good location...although I imagine competition would of been incredibly high with both Es Paradis and Eden next door.

Theres a already posts/a thread about this but cant find it myself. Im sure one of the mods can dig it up for you

It closed down because the owner ran out of cash while building on the roof. Eden was not there when Playboy/Idea was open.

I stand to be corrected on this but It could have also preceded Es Paradis.

latest is that the council want to demolish it ( i'm sure i've heard that before) and use the land as a car park. exciting stuff

always learning! i didnt think the club had ever been open.

It was very popular in its day especially with the hippy set which went on to establish Cafe Del Mar.

They wouldnt go near it now.........way too commercial for them.

it was open as a little club long before the enormous structure you see today appeared.

It's a shame that no one has ever bought the land and finished it.
Seems an overly complex roof though, assuming thats what the metal beams were holding up, and not another floor.

Anyone got pictures of when it used to be open?

It was very popular in its day especially with the hippy set which went on to establish Cafe Del Mar.

They wouldnt go near it now.........way too commercial for them.

it was open as a little club long before the enormous structure you see today appeared.

i know its been the way it is today for over 12 years cause its been the way it is now since the first time i went over.

It's a shame no one else has come in and built on that land.

If I win the euromillions... ;)

Back