Ibiza Virgin - Help Needed!

Giraffe

As you can see from the title I am just a virgin and I need advice..

Booked up to go on 17th-24th June this year!

We have booked to stay at a hotel in San Antonio Bay, is this a quiet area? Not that I mind as long as nightlife is easily accessible and relatively inexpensive (dont want to be paying a fortune every day/night on taxis)?

Also, any clubs/nights that anyone would recommend as a total must do? Feel like a week is not going to be long enough but I might just be being greedy already!

Would you recommend buying tickets on here beforehand? I don't really want to plan my week that much in advance but if it saves loads of money and time standing in queues then it could be worth buying 1 or 2 here...

Finally, does anyone have any experience of the boat parties? Had a look and Pukka Up looks like a bit of a hole! However I could be wrong as obviously I haven't been.

Thanks

For a start on this you'll need to say which hotel you've booked,the area that people call San An bay covers a lot of ground.

You will also need to say what is your musical taste, what dj's/genres you like to listen to etc.. Then we can direct you to recommended club nights.

Staying in Hotel Riviera.

Music taste is quite varied. Techno, house, electronic..

Will probably do cream @ amnesia and we love on a Sunday.

Just looking for some suggestions on good nights people have had from experience with a lively fun atmosphere :)

Don't really want to plan anything so far in advance just as none of our wee crowd have never been would be good to get some ideas.

Also, is travelling round the island during the day a pain in the hoop for the likes of going to Bora Bora etc?

Your hotel does seem to be at the other end of the bay away from the town and the action, but I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing...there are regular boats and buses in to town that only cost a couple of Euro's and personally after a mad night in San An I don't mind a short walk back to the hotel to clear my head, and a quieter hotel where you can actually get some much needed sleep and not worry about stuff getting stolen from your room!

as for travelling around Ibiza, there are loads of buses from San An bus station, and a bus to Ibiza Town only costs 1-2 euro's, from there you can either walk to Playa Den Bossa for Bora Bora, or catch a little boat from the harbour for a couple of Euro's (well worth it for the view of Ibiza Town from the sea, and you pass some massive yachts too!)

Cream at Amnesia is a great night but absolutely packed, would also say everyone should try the water party at Es Paradis at least once, also Ushuaia is good to experience if you like outdoor 'gig' type events.

I stayed at Riviera 2 years ago, was actually further into the bay than we thought.. we always walked into san Antonio but by the end of the night (or start of the day shall I say) normally ended up getting a taxi back as it is a fair walk when you've been dancing for 6 hours.

carl cox @ space is a must, so is cream at amnesia or fmif at pacha (they're both on a Thursday which is so annoying!)

I really don't see the need for buying tickets before you go, its so easy to get them when you get there!

and as for the boat parties, I've been to pukka up twice and never really had an AMAZING time, may be down to the fact a guy once vomited on my leg but I have no desire to go again..

Change your hotel if you can....better the other side of the island in June..and if you are a virgin on the island

The riveria, has a nice beach just in front of it . you can get a ferry boat into the west end runs every 30 minutes.. a stroll into town in the evening could be combined with decent bar crawl, a good selection of bars on route to try, very reasonable drink prices... pint of lager on average about 2.5 euro..EDEN club in san antonio as now been re branded GATECRASHER I should imagine worth a visit.As people have mentioned you have a great selection of club nights, events and boat party options to choose from . wait until you get to resort and see whats on offer and what mood you are in xx

Back