IBIZA ROCKS with Bombay Bicycle Club+Jaymo & Andy George+Cloud Control (August 24th)

McRackin

Super Moderator
As it happened some weeks ago when Dizzee Rascal headlined, Doorly wasn't on the island this week (currently on a 10 date/3 week USA tour) so Nicola Bear was on the warm up duties in between the three guests of the night. On a curious note, last night the line-up was different than in Mallorca Rocks where they had Chase & Status, Example (stepping in for Professor Green who had to cancel due to tonsillitis), Nero and DJ Yasmin!

The australian, but now London-based, Cloud Control were the opening band this week (instead of the american Foster The People, as originally announced, who cancelled their appearances at several festivals including Ibiza Rocks). If someone told me they were american when I first heard them I would have believed it as their psychedelic-folk-pop songs totally remind of that new generation of bands such as Fleet Foxes and Midlake, with those vocal harmonies and beautiful melodies. They played various songs from their debut album Bliss release and finished with "Buffalo country" from their self-titled EP. One of the surprises of the season for me!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

After their appearance in july, the young radio duo Jaymo & Andy George returned for another session at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel and later they were the guests at Es Paradis' after show too!

scaled.php

scaled.php

Since their debut in Ibiza last year opening for Biffy Clyro, Bombay Bicycle Club have released an acoustic album but only "Ivy and gold" was played from it. Their setlist was basically based on their first album plus a few songs from the third one A different kind of fix, out next week, like "How can you swallow so much sleep?" (already published on a soundtrack) or "Shuffle" (the first single). The singer Lucy Rose came specifically for the occasion and joined them on stage for a couple of songs!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Then time to find a good spot to enjoy the Sant Bartomeu fireworks at midnight... a great way to finish a great night!

Favourite moment: "Ghost story" by Cloud Control

Get your Ibiza Rocks tickets for next week here.

Back