IBIZA ROCKS Opening with Biffy Clyro + Bombay Bicycle Club (June 8th)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Another exciting Ibiza Rocks season has started at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel. After last week's one-off with Pete Doherty at the new Ibiza Rocks Bar, it was time to return to the most famous rock'n'roll hotel. No recognizable changes since last year, apart from the fact that the podium and the dancers next to the dj booth are gone!

The young indie group Bombay Bicycle Club, who opened for The Kooks in Mallorca last sunday, were the first band to hit the stage of the hotel this year and demonstrated that the Best New Band award at the 2010 NME Awards was well deserved. During their last song a group of sexy bunnies appeared on stage, which was a fun way to finish their set!

93261930.jpg

41402046.jpg

65180256.jpg

75492619.jpg

Erupting like a volcano with the ferocious "The golden rule", Biffy Clyro were fantastic... an absolutely killer band live. Simon Neil even climbed one side of the scenario to sing "Who's got a match?" from up there. No songs from their first three albums apart from "Justboy" and "Glitter and trauma" so basically their set list was based on their last two multi-selling albums. After the last song, the epic "Captain", the band took everybody by suprise and jumped into the pool... now that was cool!

29456557.jpg

80742586.jpg

73684055.jpg

47286425.jpg

A friend who went to Ibiza Rocks for the first time yesterday was telling me at the end how impressed he was with the venue and what he saw... no wonder, it's easy to fall in love with Ibiza Rocks. Even if it seems difficult to top a night like this, with the ex-Stone Roses Ian Brown next week it should be easy peasy! This has just started so many memorable nights ahead...

Favourite moment of the night: "Mountains" by Biffy Clyro

Get your tickets for Ian Brown / Detroit Social Club / Union DJs here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was indeed a good night, it was also my first visit to Ibiza Rocks and it was slick and well organsied with plenty of staff. It was good to see Andy McKay in amongst it keeping a hands on management style and he still had time to have a chat with me. I was gutted at the end of Manumission especially it leaving Privlidge but it would appear that one of the brothers still knows how to throw a party. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Biffy Clyro (despite them being local boys and having sat round a table with them before they hit the big time!), but have to say I really enjoyed their set and the whole Ibiza Rocks show.

A couple of them were on my Ryanair flight back today - rather a strange sight considering their rock Gods status. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
NME said:
Bombay Bicycle Club played:

'Magnet'
'Dust On The Ground'
'Open House'
'Bad Timing'
'The Hill'
'Evening/Morning'
'Cancel On Me'
'Sleep Song'
'What If'
'Always Like This'

Biffy Clyro played:

'That Golden Rule'
'Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies'
'Glitter and Trauma'
'Bubbles'
'9/15ths'
'Shock, Shock'
'Who's Got A Match?'
'Justboy'
'Mountains'
'Born On A Horse'
'Saturday Superhouse'
'A Whole Child Ago'
'Many Of Horror'
'The Captain'

Genre-hopping resident and rapidly rising UK producer/DJ talent said:
Bombay Bicycle Club's set saw a random stage invasion by loads of Playboy bunny girls which seemed to scare the hell out of the them, suspecting the small town boys have never encountered such lady bunnies….. They soon acclimatised though and were spotted raving at the afterparty into the early hours!
:lol::p:lol:

13653997.jpg

Back