How's Your Year Going (2016)?

Buckley

A half year round up following up from the end of year highlights here:

http://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/hows-your-year-been-2015.74522/

For me, life is dominated by my three year old son Tommy's autism. In a good way really, because I couldn't have believed how far he's come. I never knew this would be my journey. If you search my name on these forums you'll find a cocksure firestarter for whom everything was easy.

So far this year, I have Tommy skiing every Saturday, swimming every Sunday and achieving things we thought might never be possible. Including kissing and cuddling his one year old brother Billy.

I was in Ibiza for 5 days at the start of June and had a wonderful time. Nothing really changed, you can find the magic - even in just a chance conversation with strangers. Of course, I mourn the ease with which we went to Space pretty much any morning of the week back in the day, but I can't be sure the youth aren't having similar excitement elsewhere.

So, it's a thumbs-up from me so far. You?

This year has been incredible so far.
Personal life goes from strength to strength it feels. Few ups and downs with family health but thankfully nothing too drastic this year.

My DJing goes from strength to strength, don't think I've had this many gigs before which is great.
Beginning to really get into techno now as well. Did not see that coming.

Transcend is doing well, but we're not running as many nights as we wanted.
Wanted to do five a year but it's been difficult so far without hopping around venues which I'm definitely not keen on.
Kicked the ball rolling for our fourth (FOURTH!?!?) birthday at the end of the year.
Gonna be a big one.

Roll on Luminosity Festival this weekend coming.
Playing for Nature One in August... and ofcourse... Ibiza in September for 10 days with 19 of my closest friends.

After the worst year of my life in 2015, 2016 is shaping up to be one of the best. And thank god too I was at a real low ebb at the end of last year, but things have been on an upward spiral since. Long may it continue!!!

After the worst year of my life in 2015, 2016 is shaping up to be one of the best. And thank god too I was at a real low ebb at the end of last year, but things have been on an upward spiral since. Long may it continue!!!

Good to hear!:D Are they your dogs in you profile picture?:cool:

Just been focusing on having a really good time. I've been pretty miserable at work, working way too much in the hunt for a decent deposit for a house and all that stuff that society tells me I should be doing in my late 20's. Seeing all of my closest mates marrying and having kids too was kind of getting me down, not because I don't like being single, dating is great, but because my closest friends just aren't available for spontaneously doing the things we used to do - nights out, festivals etc etc.

So I decided in November that instead of buying a house I'd take off round the world and see where I end up. I fly to Panama on Sept 2nd, travel through South America and then from Rio to Sydney just before Xmas. I also had a few nights in Berlin for New Year, Budapest for a stag do in April, Glasto last month, going to Dublin at the end of this month for a long weekend to stay with a lovely girl I met at Glasto, then sorting everything out before the big trip.

It's been so much fun enjoying my hard earned money rather than feeling all the pressure of a job I dislike and a seemingly out of reach mortgage (Southern Hampshire is getting stupidly expensive). Coupled with the situation in the UK, I don't think there's a better time to do it.

Glad the stories are mainly positive so far.

entered proto-middle age
moved to BCN
got into 'vermut'
gf put lid on wild rave days (book in pipeline about the E.London years)
holiday to IBZ and a campervan trip around Granada planned
miss old pals, pubs and parks but you adapt

Good to hear!:D Are they your dogs in you profile picture?:cool:

The Blue/Grey one is, the white one is my GF's but they're becoming inseparable they're so good together. Bit like us ;-)

My little fella is just one of the reasons this year has been good so far, he was born in February and has changed my life really. I'm loving being a dog owner!!

The Blue/Grey one is, the white one is my GF's but they're becoming inseparable they're so good together. Bit like us ;-)

My little fella is just one of the reasons this year has been good so far, he was born in February and has changed my life really. I'm loving being a dog owner!!

They're gorgeous! And lovely that they are mirroring your bond with Mrs Hook.

The missus really wants us to get a dog for the kids but I think we have enough on our plates. I won't be showing her the photos of those gorgeous little dogs! :lol:

Seriously
They're gorgeous! And lovely that they are mirroring your bond with Mrs Hook.

The missus really wants us to get a dog for the kids but I think we have enough on our plates. I won't be showing her the photos of those gorgeous little dogs! :lol:

Seriously Buckley, I was totally in 2 minds about it, I just couldn't bring myself to buy more work for myself, the hassle of getting him looked after when I want a night out. I felt I had enough on without a puppy. But my son was very keen and after 6 months serious thought I went for it.

Now there's no doubt about it I've had my work cut out, but it's worth every minute of what I put in, because I'm getting so much more out of it than I expected. The total unconditional love you get is worth it alone, but the kick I get out of him responding to training is something I never expected.

As I said totally changed my life and i couldn't be more pleased about it.

Back