How long til' you go?

Bought tickets for svens opening when they became available the other day on the very slim chance the other half would agree to a few days away

A few days of persuading her and i can now say roll on the 20th of May!!! Flights and hotel booooked
See you on the dancefloor 😆💃🍻

We're considering August bank hol this year as a wedding present for us both

We usually do September when the crowd gets a bit...older (both in our later 30s) but due to other commitments we can't go then, but we've got the itch to go.

Is Aug bank holiday as bad as im anticipating? Haha no radio 1 this year so wasn't sure if that'd impact how it usually is?

Any experience of the August bank hol I'd love to hear it

We're considering August bank hol this year as a wedding present for us both

We usually do September when the crowd gets a bit...older (both in our later 30s) but due to other commitments we can't go then, but we've got the itch to go.

Is Aug bank holiday as bad as im anticipating? Haha no radio 1 this year so wasn't sure if that'd impact how it usually is?

1000016167.jpg

Party-wise, avoid all the big established parties and you'll still have a great time. Hit Las Dalias/Akasha, go to Bedouin, if DC10 has one of its label showcases that week, do that instead of Circoloco etc. (sounds like my recommendations every other week of the year to be honest!) It's going to be very young because of Radio 1, "Scouse week" too, there's no getting away from that in the super-clubs or the big tourist resorts.

As for beaches, arrive early and leave earlier. Get restaurant reservations booked up as far in advance as possible and reconfirm a week before (and then of course, please show up, that goes without saying)

Party-wise, avoid all the big established parties and you'll still have a great time. Hit Las Dalias/Akasha, go to Bedouin, if DC10 has one of its label showcases that week, do that instead of Circoloco etc. (sounds like my recommendations every other week of the year to be honest!) It's going to be very young because of Radio 1, "Scouse week" too, there's no getting away from that in the super-clubs or the big tourist resorts.

As for beaches, arrive early and leave earlier. Get restaurant reservations booked up as far in advance as possible and reconfirm a week before (and then of course, please show up, that goes without saying)

This gives me a great excuse to sway the wife away from her choice of Swedish house Mafia closing 😬😂

But yeah I'd already vetoed our usual trip to glitterbox just because Hi is grimmmm when it's too full and the wrestle for the toilets in the wild corner is not for me

Radio 1 is earlier in August this year though right?

Last edited:
15 days! The countdown has well and truly begun. Gonna be there some odd days (arrive Tuesday and leave Saturday) so don’t have absolutely loads to choose from events wise. So far planning to give Defected a whirl, David Morales is playing at Pikes which should appeal to my lot. Then some lovely dinners and beach days I hope!

Last year it was impossible to put a foot on the dancefloor 😕
I will up the stairs dancing the... Yeh j can imagine with that keinmusik crowd, very young and some can be annoying

When keinmusik was in Dc10 I had room and space and people were still bumping into me

I am going to try and ignore the other people and dance in my own world

Back