Gone But Not Forgotten: Ibiza Parties and Clubs

on a similar note
El Divino had (iirc) 1 season of Four:Four hosted by Dave Seaman

we hadn't any plans that night and saw it was Slam as the main guests - €10 each a ticket

This was the one and only night I went to El Divino and forgot the name of it. Thanks for the reminder!

Was Dave Seaman & Sister Bliss on the bill that night. Wasn’t that busy, but absolutely loved the club with it being on the water.

I’m loving reading all these posts with the old nights and clubs - hazy memories trickling back 😊

This was the one and only night I went to El Divino and forgot the name of it. Thanks for the reminder!

Was Dave Seaman & Sister Bliss on the bill that night. Wasn’t that busy, but absolutely loved the club with it being on the water.

Was a nice club . Hed Kandi was not bad ,there. And other dates. Heart was a little bit the successor.

Was a nice club . Hed Kandi was not bad ,there. And other dates. Heart was a little bit the successor.

I’m loving reading all these posts with the old nights and clubs - hazy memories trickling back 😊
If I remember well , defected started there , Roger Sanchez with release yourself, milk and sugar , hed kandi , I think of yoshitosi and azuli too but not sure , been a very long time ! Was a goood club 🔥

They were many, many wonderful parties but for me, 2006 and 2007 matinee at Space was the best party experience in Ibiza that I had, not for the music in particular but the whole thing (the people , atmosphere, the club and being in the right place at the right time❤️

So many memories from clubs and nights mentioned on here. Random memory is saying "hello Cat" to Cat Deeley at a night at El Divino in 99, Phats and Small did a live PA or Turn Around. She did say hello back as well. I'm old 😪 😀
One question...I remember how great PDB was on the Sunday afternoon when Space was getting going late afternoon, is the vive the same for ushiaia days?

So many memories from clubs and nights mentioned on here. Random memory is saying "hello Cat" to Cat Deeley at a night at El Divino in 99, Phats and Small did a live PA or Turn Around. She did say hello back as well. I'm old 😪 😀
One question...I remember how great PDB was on the Sunday afternoon when Space was getting going late afternoon, is the vive the same for ushiaia days?
Remember Playa d’en Bossa as you knew it and don’t go back. it changed in 2008 already when they banned after-parties, then in 2011 with the opening of USHUAÏA in the hotel it changed even more, maybe not that much at the beginning but a lot later then when the Space closed, it It was the final blow. now it's Disneyland but the magician has been fired and replaced by a thirsty banker. On the other hand, it works well, it’s full all the time 🤷‍♂️

El Divino was a very nice little club. Reasonable prices, nice atmosphere and a suitable size, which in my opinion reminded me a bit of Pacha's Funky Room, even though it was bigger. They had many good parties like MN2S, Hed Kandi and Defected.. Lots of soul, funk and groove influences..

Yeah and that view was amazing across the water to the Dalt Vila was beautiful. I mean you kind of get a view from the Pacha Terrace, but a little far back. In a way a shame that Heart/Club Chinos no longer have the Terrace - however it did slightly distract from the party as too many folks stayed up there - so getting everyone on the dancefloor is better IMO.

Yeah and that view was amazing across the water to the Dalt Vila was beautiful. I mean you kind of get a view from the Pacha Terrace, but a little far back. In a way a shame that Heart/Club Chinos no longer have the Terrace - however it did slightly distract from the party as too many folks stayed up there - so getting everyone on the dancefloor is better IMO.
Yeah , the El Divino Terrace with THIS view.

did Moneypennys opening in 98 there
cracking night, just a great atmosphere and seemed v busy

getting the wee boat from the harbour across, lovely

Can Talaias bar up in the San An hills. Fond memories of heading up there for a very, very late nightcap and the lovely ladies who owned it serving Sofrit Pages (I think) for supper/breakfast. I have a photo of one of the ladies somewhere.

Circo loco @ dc10 when the line ups were actual circo loco line ups and you could dance on the sunlit terrace

Viva warriors @ sankeys
Dynamic @ Sankeys

Cocoon obvs (in saying that i much preferred Akasha last year to cocoon closing at Amnesia)

Enter @ Space

Cream @ Amnesia

Renaisance put on some quality parties over the years, particularly at Pacha and also various other venues. One year they did Privilege (about 2000?) and put on live acts like Leftfield, Kylie, Moloko, Moby along with sets from the likes of Deep Dish. That worked really well and surprising they didn't follow up another year.

Back