Gatecrasher is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the bar was free for first two hours but we didn't get there til 2am so missed this but they did offer us a wrist band for 25 euros for free bar for remainder off the evening but redbull isn't included so I didn't bother as tend to drink jägerbombs and voddy redbull. As for the crowd a lot were really into their trance and I thought it was good atmosphere, didn't see many people steaming drunk and there was plenty of people walking round chewing their bottom lips off! A think a lot of the people who had done driftwood had also made it to crasher. The front dance floor was busy and there were people back to the first dancing platform on the back dancefloor so the club wasn't exactly rammed but it was a lot busier than I expected it to be.

Yeah the bar was free for first two hours but we didn't get there til 2am so missed this but they did offer us a wrist band for 25 euros for free bar for remainder off the evening but redbull isn't included so I didn't bother as tend to drink jägerbombs and voddy redbull. As for the crowd a lot were really into their trance and I thought it was good atmosphere, didn't see many people steaming drunk and there was plenty of people walking round chewing their bottom lips off! A think a lot of the people who had done driftwood had also made it to crasher. The front dance floor was busy and there were people back to the first dancing platform on the back dancefloor so the club wasn't exactly rammed but it was a lot busier than I expected it to be.

That's something. There will be a lot of overspill from Driftwood to GC I reckon, but no deals this year like there have been after previous Monday Driftwoods then on to a club

do you reckon the £25euro wristband will continue throughout the season if the club survives? Also does the wristband get you drink all night or does it cut off at a certain point, like 2am?

also is it only certain drinks?
As if you can only drink some certiain ones that are not very nice then it may not be worth it

Super8&Tab have pulled out of tonights gig, and as mentioned elsewhere on Ibiza Spotlight, Speakerbox are no longer there as well

i never reveal my sources and i won't make an exception this time!

They must have been certain it was happening for it to be revealed. Maybe a last mintue change?

Speaking of promoters, has anyone picked up the gap left by Creche for GC?

What is happening to gatecrasher this year? It seems like most nights are being cancelled?!? Is the club just closed on those nights now, or are they running other nights instead etc??

garlands/bedlam and kisstory are cancelled. according to the club new nights should be announced soon for these nights.

MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with regret that we have to announce that Eddie Halliwell will not be performing at any future Gatecrasher Ibiza dates this summer due to breach of contracts by Gatecrasher. We would like to apologise to his fans in advance. You can catch Eddie back in Ibiza on August 28th at Cream Amnesia.

MANAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with regret that we have to announce that Eddie Halliwell will not be performing at any future Gatecrasher Ibiza dates this summer due to breach of contracts by Gatecrasher. We would like to apologise to his fans in advance. You can catch Eddie back in Ibiza on August 28th at Cream Amnesia.

Beat me to it. That's leaving their monday nights looking pretty empty now with names.

A bit late now really but thought I would share my experience of crasher on the 23rd june.
Arrived at 1.30 maybe a tad early but I was expecting the full line and no set times announced so didn't really want to miss anybody, we walked in to big room/deep house being played. Not a great start.

Starting filling a bit and Tenishia came on (blinding set would happily watch him again) got to about 1/3 full on capacity at its peak which doesn't bother me if there is an atmosphere but there wasn't really, full of kids that were just there to say they went to gatecrasher tbh, it was easy to see who was there for the music and not just the brand.

Waited very patient for Scott bond to be told by a staff member he wasn't even playing?? ffs he was the one I really wanted to watch and I wanted a proper stomp!! They were still advertising the full line up all around San an and even in the toilets on that very night!

I was annoyed by this point and after Andy moor the club was virtually empty so we went home really disappointed. Gutted as I was looking forward to it but had far better nights at Tropi. Only went for 4 days and no other trance nights were on whilst out there except this.

Honest opinion would be spend your money on a better managed night and line the pockets of people that have put hard work and passion into their events.

speakerbox is gone too

Gatecrasher Ibiza

9 Min ·
Gatecrasher SPEAKERBOX and MistaJam have been working hard together to make the Speakebox Thursday nights at the venue work, but with a heavy heart we have collectively taken the decision to end the residency with Gatecrasher Ibiza for the remainder of the 2014 season

This does not affect any other Speakerbox or MistaJam event activity. Gatecrasher have loved working with Pete , Claire , Andy , Alan and the team and look forward

For any tickets sold a refund is available, please contact Gatecrasher on 0844 854 2601 or go to www.gatecrasher.com/tickets/terms-conditions1/index.html

Gatecrasher Ibiza will announce a new Thursday night and program

A bit late now really but thought I would share my experience of crasher on the 23rd june.
Arrived at 1.30 maybe a tad early but I was expecting the full line and no set times announced so didn't really want to miss anybody, we walked in to big room/deep house being played. Not a great start.

Starting filling a bit and Tenishia came on (blinding set would happily watch him again) got to about 1/3 full on capacity at its peak which doesn't bother me if there is an atmosphere but there wasn't really, full of kids that were just there to say they went to gatecrasher tbh, it was easy to see who was there for the music and not just the brand.

Waited very patient for Scott bond to be told by a staff member he wasn't even playing?? ffs he was the one I really wanted to watch and I wanted a proper stomp!! They were still advertising the full line up all around San an and even in the toilets on that very night!

I was annoyed by this point and after Andy moor the club was virtually empty so we went home really disappointed. Gutted as I was looking forward to it but had far better nights at Tropi. Only went for 4 days and no other trance nights were on whilst out there except this.

Honest opinion would be spend your money on a better managed night and line the pockets of people that have put hard work and passion into their events.

Gatecrasher really have f*cked this up spectacularly, haven't they? It's all very well blaming numbers in San Antonio this year (as has been said in another thread, it's more a shift in demographic than numbers being down) but clearly GC have got everything wrong.

I think this is something that can be leveled at a number of the clubs this summer - but GC were really slow to get their shit together and announce their roster for the summer. The announcement of a trance event was particularly late and apparently the word on the street was that there originally wasn't going to be one. In retrospect, the whole thing was half-baked.

And I think advertising people that have long since been dropped from the line up just sums up Gatecrasher currently as a brand. Unscrupulous, unprofessional, caring less than a shit about their punters.

To think all the praise that came their way when those line ups were announced. If only Captain Hindsight had come back in his time machine to warn us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back