From Solihull To San An - Flight Of The Trevors*

Buckley

*See the stag party thread for title explanation:
http://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/stag-party-vip-club-plan.73150/

We were a 14 man stag party of now middle-aged amateur footballer Trevors - we arrived Saturday afternoon, drank around the hotel pool, went to Buddha Bar for sunset (table for 11 and no wait) and some tasty food, and then to the West End. Some of our Trevors disappeared from our perch outside Joe Spoons (most of us are Irish descent Trevors and Joe Spoons is a well loved favourite). On their return, there was talk of 'putting it behind us' and 'there's nothing we can do'. Apparently Trevor#1 and Trevor#2 had availed themselves with the services of some dancing with no clothes on ladies. Said ladies had then made them an offer they didn't refuse. Unfortunately, once the initial part of the transaction i.e. payment, had taken place, the second part was cancelled and the Trevors were asked to leave.:lol: At this point the as yet unaccounted for Trevor#3 appeared. Having been fully clothed including shoes and socks, he was now open-shirted and barefoot with no idea where his missing footwear was. Trevor#3 was helped home by some of our more kindhearted Trevors, the assumption being he to had too be Trev-jacked in a den of ill-repute and booted out with out the chance of picking up his shoes

Knowing in advance the Trevors would be hard to prise away from the West End I'd got some guestlist for Hed Kandi at Es Paradis, so I managed to get a duo of Trevors to come down there with yours Trevorsly about 1am. It was ticking over and the music was nice and accessible. It was still busy enough at 4.30 or so when we bailed out.

Was up at 8 the next morning to find the bulk of our party up and and drinking in the hotel bar. Excitement levels were high - the best Trevor had hired a 'private yacht' for 6pm-10pm. Managed to get some of the Trev-crew to pop down to Mambo for breakfast (mohitos and huevos rancheros). The huevos rancheros wasn't as good as previously - the flatbread seemed a little stale and the rest colder than it should be. Mohitos were good though. Service was lovely and

We had a walk down the front to Orange Corner and had a few pints there. A couple the Trevs bought lots of tat from looky-lookies.....

TBC inc Trevor's big day out....

Last edited:
We have similar tastes, Gran Sol and my favourite Huevos Rancheros at mambo!

We had a walk down the front to Orange Corner and had a few pints there. A couple the Trevs bought lots of tat from looky-lookies.....

TBC inc Trevor's big day out....

The looky-lookies must have put out an APB for cash-rich Trevors because they were almost lining up. Sad to say one of them ran out of luck a a few minutes later, when he was a little further down the front - he got nicked by two plain clothes coppers and a beating for his troubles. Completely unnecessary violence as far as we could see - they already had him cuffs and they were still hitting him:cry::evil:.

We headed back to the hotel pool/bar for the rest of the afternoon - the Trevors were keen to get back to the 2.5 euros Coronas and various friends made around there the previous day.

Come 5.30pm we were on the dock where the sunset cruises leave from. Come 6pm, our sail time, we were still there and still at 6.30pm. The best Trevor was sweating profusely, phone glued to his ear....

Come 5.30pm we were on the dock where the sunset cruises leave from. Come 6pm, our sail time, we were still there and still at 6.30pm. The best Trevor was sweating profusely, phone glued to his ear....

The rest of the Trevors were split between wanting the boat to turn up so we could get on the sea for sunset and wanting it all to go horribly wrong for the comedy value of ripping the best Trevor for it all night. Suddenly the best Trevor's face crumpled with relief, then he was smiling and laughing down the phone. Turns out we were getting picked up at 7 not 6:lol:

Last edited:
The 'yacht' turned out to a standard 40 person day tripper, but beers were sunk, we stopped for a swim and sunset was impressive. We docked to find a largish stage set up, unmanned and unguarded, by the fountain. One of the Trevors who fancies himself as a singer couldn't resist and treated a growing crowd to 'Stuck in The Middle With You'. Unfortunately, the whopping and clapping, presumably ahead of the expected schedule, brought the attention of two members of the Guardia Civil and had I not spotted the green shirts approaching at speed, I fear we may have been a Trevor down in a most worrying way. I alerted the Trevors to the seriousness of the situation and we spirited the singing Trevor away into the crowd and made our escape....

TBC

The Trevors' Sunday night was spent in the West End, I struggle to recall which bars tbh - we'd been drinking since 8am and docked at 10pm, so we hit the bars on hour 14 of the bender. I recall getting home at 3am or so, which is a respectable shift put in for a man of my advancing years.

And so to Trevors' Big Day Out!

And so it was upon us. Trevor was about to go big time. We were going to Ocean Beach Club for the day. We'd considered Blue Marlin, but plumped for the Trevor-ready option. As VIPs. You could tell we were VIPs because we'd paid for the privilege. We had a big white bed and a trio of sofas, right next to a jacuzzi on the upper floor. We'd paid 150 euros a Trev up front and agreed everyone could just order what they wanted. We arrived about 1pm and ordered a couple of trays of sharing bites and very nice they were too. Some of the Trevs ordered main meals, and to a man, were very happy with their food. I'd caveat that with a reminder that 1pm was probably about 5 hours drinking into the day, so judgement might have been off, but you'd still know if it was bad.

Buckets of Corona filled our tables, along with bottles of JDs and mixers. We were having a Trev-tastic time. As some of the Trevors got stuck-in, disappearing downstairs for a dance and a dip, I laid back on the big white bed and thought to myself, I need a little pick-me-up. A quick word with the staff and I had secured a mixed plate of sushi. And then another. As I said, drink had been taken. It was very good, and at 16 euros a plate, reasonably priced, moreso when you consider it all came out of the minimum spend.

I was getting tired- it was time to move or sleep where I lay, in a Corona/Sushi coma. I ventured downstairs where the Hed Kandi DJs were playing the current hits by numbers accompanied by the lady with the sax. I forget her name, fairly sure she's been around since the Mark Doyle days. All very pleasant. As it got darker (the sky, not the music), large swathes of the dipping dancers did a conga around the (inside of the) pool. Leading this line of larking daytrippers was non-other than last night's singing Trevor. How we laughed. Not one for the purists, I'll grant you, but the Trevors were having a great time, as was I. It was sunny, we were drunk, the music was palatable and we were making new friends. Was it classy? Was it the essence of Ibiza? No. Do the Trevors from Solihull not deserve these moments? Yes.

We were having a wonderful time and then I saw it. The dancefloor in front of the DJ appeared to have cleared somewhat and there they were: two lads, manbags and snapbacks included, having a shuffle-off.....

Last edited:
We were having a wonderful time and then I saw it. The dancefloor in front of the DJ appeared to have cleared somewhat and there they were: two lads, manbags and snapbacks included, having a shuffle-off.....

And you know what? They were having a wonderful time. As were the others shuffling around the edge of the dancefloor. 19 years old or so, in the sun, laying down their best moves to attract a shuffle-mate. Let them be, I say. One of them could of done with some sun-cream on earlier, looking at the glow on him, but that'll be a lesson learnt the next day.

I took the increased shuffler/non-shuffler ratio as my cue to depart. I recruited a fellow senior Trevor and we walked back to the towards the West End, planning on getting some tapas at Cafe Babel and hoping my old friend Diego was there.

I recruited a fellow senior Trevor and we walked back to the towards the West End, planning on getting some tapas at Cafe Babel and hoping my old friend Diego was there.

Alas Diego was not there and after waiting for 10 mins or so, the waiter at Babel who had looked at us looking at him for much of the time, decided to let us know we were sitting in seats belonging to adjacent ice cream parlour. We moved to the correct seating area, waited another 10 mins and gave up, as did a large group of ladies (not a group of large ladies!). The bloke didn't seem to be serving anyone, who knows why.

We headed into the West End and decided on The Highlander as a good bet for some pub grub. A quick pint was sunk and then we ordered another and asked for the menu. Unfortunately, they weren't serving food anymore - it was probably midnight to be fair, so the second pint became dinner. My accomplice had decided the fun had been had and the hotel was calling. I whatsapped the rest of the group, but guessed they would be scattered all over by now, literally and figuratively, and received no reply. I walked my pal back to the hotel, popping into my room to use the loo. I sat on the bed and considered my options: 1) Stalk the West End to find any surviving Trevors 2) Get a cab to DC10 or Cocoon and have some proper clubtime on this trip 3) Accept that as a father of 2, including an 11 week old, due at the airport for 8 in the morning the sensible thing to do would be to get some sleep.

Last edited:
I chose 3). So, as someone who had run the Ibiza best villa party I've ever been to, looked after Mulletover for We Love Sundays at Space, opening up the Discoteca at 8am on a Sunday morning, helped run a shortlived night at Underground and written about clubs for this very website, I made it 2 in 2 for Ibiza trips that could have been anywhere. I had a great time, I really did and I feel I did the right for my very good friends by fully partaking in the stag trip, but I need a trip next year, like those of old, or at least somewhere near.

Last edited:
Great review mate! Can really relate to it! Your closing comments are exactly how I felt after the last two lads trips I went on. Having a sabbatical this season but will be back next year (maybe with a select group of non-Trevors) , hoping they havent removed that much more of the old magic by then...

I missed a number of opportunities to include 'knock me down with a feather' in that review. Drats!

Back