Ed Sheeran + The Milk @ IBIZA ROCKS (06.06.12)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Having started a new night on fridays dedicated to DJs (We Are Rockstars), this year Ibiza Rocks is focusing more on bands which I find a positive change. Also new for 2012 is the fact that Colin Peters won't only be DJing at the after show at Es Paradis but also during the main event, joining Nicola Bear, due to the busy agenda of Doorly who will be DJing all over the place throughout the summer. Oh and, as previously mentioned, the pizzeria outisde the hotel (at the left of the entry) has turned into a noodle bar so that's the pre or post gig munch sorted!

Essex-based The Milk were the first band to grace the stage this year. I first heard them last year when their song "(All I wanted was) danger" was included in the Ibiza Rocks 2011 CD but it wasn't till I heard "Broke up the family" that I started paying attention (literally, I had to play it again four or five times in a row... that's how much I liked it). Investigating a little bit and seeing what a good taste they have picking songs to cover ("Ain't no love in the heart of the city" by Bobby Bland, for example) I came to the conclusion they had to be a good band but I have to say all my expectations were exceeded tonight!

Even if so far they've only released three singles (their debut album, Tales from the Thames Delta, won't be out till september) and their material was unknown by most people in attendance, I'm sure their infectious rock'n'soul earned them many new fans. The 4-piece played "Broke up the family" (with which they started), "B-roads", "(All I wanted was) danger" and "Every time we fight" among others. What a great band... I loved every minute of their show!

Copia+de+12-06-06+206+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+230+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+245+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+261+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+265+%2B.jpg

Ed Sheeran, winner of Best British Male Solo Artist and Best Breakthrough in the latest Brit Awards, is one of the most popular artists at the moment and even in Spain he's currently enjoying heavy rotation on the radio. I still remember how surprised I was when I heard Sheeran's voice for the first time (when he accompanied Devlin to cover "Blind faith" by Chase & Status on Radio 1) and I quite enjoyed his first album +, but I was wondering how it would be like live!

Pretty amazing how the young ginger haired had the audience in the palm of his hand for 100 mins only with his extraordinary voice and his little guitar. From the beginning with "Give me love" till the end with "You need me, I don't need you", the show went in crescendo arriving to its peak during "The A team" with the whole hotel, quite busy for early june, singing along every word. What an amazing way to start the season!

Setlist:
Give Me Love, Drunk, Homeless, U.N.I., Grade 8, Wayfaring Stranger [traditional], The City, This, Small Bump, Feeling
Good [Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley cover], Lego House, The Parting Glass, The A Team, You Need Me I Don't Need You

Copia+de+12-06-06+366+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+385+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+487+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+502+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-06+541+%2B.jpg

Ibiza Rocks tickets for next week available here.

first of all, i said focusing more not focusing exclusively

second, he don't do silly live PA's at IR. he comes with a full live band

and last but not least, no wonder tinie tempah is back after last year's sold out

But they still invite Tiny Temper back again and again?

he comes with a full live band, no wonder tinie tempah is back after last year's sold out

This.

Stop being a music snob, just because you aren't a fan, the crowds speak for themselves.

I wouldn't usually call Tinie Tempah my kind of music either, but he f'n smashes it live! Whether he is playing a PA in a ****ty club or selling out arenas. Fair play.

Ibiza needs diversity in its music scene - Ibiza Rocks makes no bones about what they do. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I never said he won't sell out crowds and that he isn't welcome in Ibiza. He gives the west end girls something to look forwards to.

That housey mix of Drunk Again stirs the guilty pleasure nodules in my brain that haven't been touched since my funky house days. Ace tune (there, I said it!)

Back