Easter Weekend plans

Had a great Easter weekend here, even without the bank holidays (Russian Orthodox Easter is next weekend, and even then there's no holidays)

Friday - Went out to a great new Greek restaurant, tried out a new bar a friend is promoting, then went to Space Moscow for Art Department. Top night.
Saturday - Watched some football, went to a friend's birthday dinner at an overpriced Italian place, then went club hopping with the gang, ending in singing karaoke until morning
Sunday - Made some Georgian food for Easter brunch, and met some friends for dinner later in the day.

I'm out of practice in hitting it hard 2 nights in a row. Still tired today! (Tuesday).

Friday - Came down to London and went out for a meal and some drinks in Central
Saturday - Up for a run and then back on it, went to SubSoul at Lightbox. Nice little venue and some superbs sets.
Sunday - Lay in followed by a much needed Sunday roast. Then my mate dragged me along to a place called Paradise for a Made in Chelsea themed event, hated it so just got drunk and made the best of it!
Monday - Few hours walking around the capital doing the tourist sites :)

All in all a great weekend, so good practice for Julys holiday but definitely need a few weeks off now

1st trip to Circus for me, really like the venue. Main reason for going was to see Matador who didn't turn up due to illness :(.
very good set from Dj Tennis though.

I really wished i could have made it up for the Passion 20th Birthday tho this weekend due to work not possible. At my old university stomping ground too. Hopefully they keep doing events.
How was your gigs in bristol?

From talking to people who went, Passion only had about 500 - 700 in tops. That's what empty venue for a three stage lineup, in a venue that holds 4000 people. Their break even point must of been around the 2000 people mark looking at their lineup. JFK must of lost a lot of money.

The gigs - The first one on Friday was a lil quiet. But I took that risk as I put myself on so early to give some of the other (actual) South West & Wales DJs a go. Pre party was rammed by time we were due to finish at 10pm so pushed it on til 11pm. Floor was bouncing. (Literally).

The second one... never been so nervous in my life. Jumped on to a see of hands and faces, (must of been about 120 people in my room when I started) and just smashed it. Lots of classics remixes (Signum - Coming on Strong (Psymes & Bluehawk Remix) being a highlight) and some newer stuff as well.
Came off on such a crazy adrenaline high. Never experienced anything like it!

We went to the Albert Hall Manchester Friday for Carl Cox. The venue is very good, but gets so hot on the balcony where our group stood-decent view up there though. I must have seen Eats Everything a few times but haven't really took notice of how good/fun his sets are. Both were on top form :cool: First time I've been to a club without drinking alcohol, dry run for dc10 opening party which is the day before a friends wedding- surprisingly fresh for work Saturday 9:00am :eek: Bouncers inside are a bit too busy though

Agree about circus and its venue, love going there as well.

Back