....DOLPHINS....

We saw dolphins last august when out on the yellow speed boat,was excellent,there was baby dolphins too!!:D

Dolphin Rescue

Surprised bathers got a close-up view of one of the seas most beautiful mammals,
as a young dolphin beached itself in Santa Eulalia on Thursday morning.

As thousands looked on, the Natural Protection Unit of the Guardia Civil along with lifeguards,
kept the animal hydrated as a plan was hatched.

The animal was then lifted between eight people, and helped back into the sea
where he was coaxed to safety.

It was a rare opportunity for bathers to get close up to this magnificent mammal,
and fortunately the story had a happy ending.

(ibiza-sun)

sharks??? i called a scuba diving place in SA asking if there were any shark diving sites and the guy told me in the 30 years he'd lived there he'd never heard of or seen a shark anywhere close to the island...i wonder if its legal to go like 25miles off the coast and throw chum in the water?? im renting a boat and always wanted to go shark fishing(catch and release of course),or at least shark watching.

yesterday's diario had this story about sharks

Sólo el año pasado se pescaron oficialmente en aguas de Balears un total de 123.769 kilos de tiburón de diversas especies, que corresponderían a unos 1.375 animales.

i've actually photographed a shark in the sea by the san remo in san antonio bay.

There is another article in DDI today.

2008-05-15_IMG_2008-05-08_11:27:13_fotosredactores_20080507_162318.jpg

2008-05-15_IMG_2008-05-08_11:13:40_fotosredactores_20080507_162428.jpg

that reminded me that i saw dolphins leaping about around the bows of the mallorca to ibiza ferry as we returned home the other week. balearia actually have trained dolphin and whale watchers on their boats every year to survey these creatures.

That Dolphin place looks like a good investment, stick a big luxury villa on it and you have loads of pools to "get your freak on" in. Imagine the pool partys you could have.

Was out around Togamago island 2 weeks ago, sat for 2 hr`s watching about 8 of them jumping and feeding, not a bad afternoon :)
Have a good one
Tim

That Dolphin place looks like a good investment, stick a big luxury villa on it and you have loads of pools to "get your freak on" in. Imagine the pool partys you could have.

It'll prob happen sooner or later. Hey Dj Sammy could play there- just kidding :D

cala conta had to be closed the other day because there was a shark in the water.........

QUICK RUN!!!

If you see them..

Please don't try and swim with them, by all means enjoy their splendour but leave them to their natural habitat and lives. They can become a little "amorous" if they have close contact with humans. If you want to swim with dolphins then visit one of the many places in the world that allow you to have this experience and your money goes to the welfare of them. Dolphins are not like Cats and Dogs etc that put up with humans intruding into their lives, they should be left to do what they do naturally. ( god im beginning to sound like my dad here )
They are wonderful creatures to observe but like everything in this world when humans get hold of things they tend to get killed off from our intervention into their world.
From what i can gather, the appearance of dolphins around the island only increased the speculation by the hippy inhabitants that the place now known lovingly as "Atlantis" was actually the real lost city of Atlantis, how wrong could they have been!
Peace.

great pictures !!!

264qavd.jpg

m94ll3.jpg

116mfpf.jpg

1zlx1eo.jpg

(tilllate/pukka up boat party, 23.06.2008 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't try and swim with them, by all means enjoy their splendour but leave them to their natural habitat and lives. They can become a little "amorous" if they have close contact with humans. If you want to swim with dolphins then visit one of the many places in the world that allow you to have this experience and your money goes to the welfare of them. Dolphins are not like Cats and Dogs etc that put up with humans intruding into their lives, they should be left to do what they do naturally. ( god im beginning to sound like my dad here )
They are wonderful creatures to observe but like everything in this world when humans get hold of things they tend to get killed off from our intervention into their world.
From what i can gather, the appearance of dolphins around the island only increased the speculation by the hippy inhabitants that the place now known lovingly as "Atlantis" was actually the real lost city of Atlantis, how wrong could they have been!
Peace.
if they are bottlenose dolphins stay clear as they can be very agressive

Back