Dizzee Rascal + Stormzy @ Ibiza Rocks (08-07-15)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Dizzee Rascal returned to the Rocks stage for the sixth time, making him the artist who has played more times at Ibiza Rocks.

Michael Omari, aka Stormzy, comes from South London and began MC'ing at the age of 11. Ten years later he has been named as an artist to look out for in the BBC's Sound of 2015 list.

Backed by DJ Tiiny, the rising Grime star played songs from his debut EP Dreamers Disease (2014), like "Not That Deep", and also newer stuff, like "Shut Up" or "Know Me From", which samples "I Luv U" from the boy in da corner.

Stormzy, who wasn't anounnounced as part of the bill until last monday, for sure was the right choice to open for Dizzee. He'll be back on august 21st at W.A.R!

P1200265+-+copia.JPG

Dizzee Rascal at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel is always a winning formula and after all these years he continues filling its poolside courtyard as (almost) no one else do. Last time we saw him tearing up that stage, two years ago, during the second song it started raining for the rest of the night but that didn't spoil the fun and the brave crowd stood in the heavy rain... this shows the kind of dedicated fans he has!

On that occasion he based half of the show (up to ten songs) on the then still unreleased The Fifth album. This time the selection was a bit more balanced and it covered his whole discography, with outstanding moments like "I Don't Need A Reason", "Fix Up, Look Sharp", "I Luv U", "Bassline Junkie", "Dance Wiv Me", "Holiday", "Something Really Bad", "You've Got The Dirtee Love", "Love This Town" or "Bonkers", during which Dizzee descended from the stage and went into the crowd to sing it. He was accompanied by DJ MK, Scope and, on some songs, Daniel Pearce (who we saw two weeks ago as a member of Sigma's live band).

His fans never let up dancing until the last song had been played and they got exactly what they were after... he's such a crowd-pleaser!

P1200570+-+copia.JPG

The fantastic Catfish & The Bottlemen are back next week and, as usual, you can get your tickets on Spotlight. Their support band, The Bulletproof Bomb, will also be playing two days earlier at Monday Rocks, the new series of FREE intimate gigs at Ibiza Rocks Bar.

Dizzee Rascal setlist:
I Don't Need A Reason
Fix Up, Look Sharp
Jus' A Rascal
I Luv U/Stop Dat
Stand Up Tall
Bassline Junkie
Sirens
Pussyole (Old Skool)
Dance Wiv Me
Holiday
Something Really Bad