Dance Music: Where are things at?

Suggesting an AI solution to djing whilst poking fun at Guetta for perhaps having pre made sets....... Im lost
By that I mean guetta etc do nothing much other than act like they are doing something at front. With generative ai, they could in real time actually do something.

Think of it as an evolution back towards actually mixing songs/records like back in the day for them. But with the actual songs also been made on the fly 🤷‍♂️

Which is exactly why I think bar staff are safe for now

*does surprise me more venues don't include (non-booze) drinks machines though to offset queues at bars
Not sure for how long. Kebab shop in Dublin had a robotic machine cutting the kebab the other night, only a matter of time till automation replaces the guy pouring your chilli sauce

Carl Cox released the track in 91 on perfecto. Probably a cheeky sample (see also every other rave record at the time). My guess is the original producer tried chasing in the past but was up against the Oakenfold Inc. lawyers. Or maybe just skint and desperate for cash now?

Posted some of my recent experiences in the European Festivals thread but this tweet by Dunmore is spot on I'm affraid.

Attachments

• SimonDunmore.png
    SimonDunmore.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 47
Posted some of my recent experiences in the European Festivals thread but this tweet by Dunmore is spot on I'm affraid.

Sadly I also think he's right, simply too many festivals and events competing for the same crowd.

Also here in the UK commerical chart music seems to be shifting to singer songwriters, pop/indie/rock for a lack of a better term. Whereas we had a long EDM, Tropical House and then Tech House era before this.

Sadly I also think he's right, simply too many festivals and events competing for the same crowd.

Also here in the UK commerical chart music seems to be shifting to singer songwriters, pop/indie/rock for a lack of a better term. Whereas we had a long EDM, Tropical House and then Tech House era before this.
I think the young people ( who determine popular culture) are very savvy now. Fred Again is about as commercial as many might go ( and he is very talented in my opinion). Pop culture is more divided up than ever before I reckon , in a good way. Lots of pockets of very popular people depending on the age / scene of the fans as opposed it being one mass like in years gone by maybe.

Dunmore may be on to something. Dance culture has got so ridiculous that a backlash could be on the way. The experience of disco in 1978 and then the superclubs in 2000 offers past evidence of what happens when A. a scene gets saturated and B. vanishes up its arse

Consider also that clubbing now increasingly means nothing to kids who are skint, have no interest in music, have seen all their local clubs shut down and don't do gear nearly as much as their parents did...

Back