Cova Santa 2023 - Reviews & Reports

thecultof

Has anyone been to Cova Santa this year? I can't see any reports - is the soundsystem still really low volume outside?

Just got back from Cova Santa.

Sound, both volume and clarity, much improved from (at least) August 2022. Funktion One doing the business
They've erected glass or perspex screens behind the DJ booth on the outer perimeter which should help with noise bleed to neighbours.
Was a bit sparse when we arrived at the start of Lost Desert and, I'm guessing, even quieter for Igor opening, but by the time Lee got on it was perfectly busy - just ideal
Musically incredible. He's just a master a creating such energy at below 124 bpm. Sadly didn't know most of it. One track in particularly with an "in my eyes" lyric had a bit of a Tears For Fears '80s vibe. Need to find that. He ended on a Florence Welch remix then got on the mic, thanked everyone and coaxed people downstairs. Lee Burridge is the DJ for me!
Crowd also top drawer. Great vibes and gorgeous Spanish senoritas
I can see Thursdays becoming my new thing

Sound, both volume and clarity, much improved from (at least) August 2022. Funktion One doing the business
They've erected glass or perspex screens behind the DJ booth on the outer perimeter which should help with noise bleed to neighbours.
Was a bit sparse when we arrived at the start of Lost Desert and, I'm guessing, even quieter for Igor opening, but by the time Lee got on it was perfectly busy - just ideal
Musically incredible. He's just a master a creating such energy at below 124 bpm. Sadly didn't know most of it. One track in particularly with an "in my eyes" lyric had a bit of a Tears For Fears '80s vibe. Need to find that. He ended on a Florence Welch remix then got on the mic, thanked everyone and coaxed people downstairs. Lee Burridge is the DJ for me!

Thanks for the report, sounds like a great night!

I've noticed that there still aren't any All Day I Dream-tickets to buy on Spotlight... Should we keep on waiting for them? (The plan is to go next week.)

Thanks mate!

What time was Lost Desert on? I'm guessing 9pm?

That tune is an absolute groover btw 🔊

Did many make their way inside by the way?
Last time I went they didn’t do the indoor bit so not seen how popular it is.

Acabei de voltar da Cova Santa.

Som, tanto volume quanto clareza, melhoraram muito desde (pelo menos) agosto de 2022. Funktion One fazendo negócios
Eles ergueram telas de vidro ou perspex atrás da cabine do DJ no perímetro externo, o que deve ajudar com o vazamento de ruído para os vizinhos.
Estava um pouco escasso quando chegamos ao início de Lost Desert e, imagino, ainda mais silencioso para a abertura de Igor, mas quando Lee entrou, estava perfeitamente ocupado - ideal
Musicalmente incrível. Ele é simplesmente um mestre em criar essa energia abaixo de 124 bpm. Infelizmente não sabia a maior parte. Uma faixa em particular com uma letra "in my eyes" tinha um pouco da vibração dos anos 80 do Tears For Fears. Precisa encontrar isso. Ele terminou com um remix de Florence Welch, em seguida, pegou o microfone, agradeceu a todos e persuadiu as pessoas a descer. Lee Burridge é o DJ para mim!
Multidão também gaveta superior. Ótimas vibrações e lindas señoritas espanholas
Eu posso ver as quintas-feiras se tornando minha nova coisa

organic house and downtempo are really becoming a real deal! love it

I am planning to go to All Day I Dram in September. Does anyone know what's the advantage by buying a VIP ticket? It's not much more expensive than a regular ticket.

I am planning to go to All Day I Dram in September. Does anyone know what's the advantage by buying a VIP ticket? It's not much more expensive than a regular ticket.
You can go up the steps to the top tier

You can go up the steps to the top tier
Thanks for you feedback. Is it worth to get the VIP tickets? Is the main dancefloor usually also very crowded and you have only very little space so that I would make sense to book the VIP ticket. In all the years I somehow have only been once to Cova Santa.

Depends for which party, really. Woomoon or Storytellers or the Hernan Cattaneo dates, yeah it's probably worth it as its nice to escape the dancefloor every now and again. For the other parties, it's less necessary imo though I do enjoy looking down and out from the stairs

Also, it happened to be Dan's birthday so final tune of the night was everyone singing Happy Birthday to him. :lol:

Back