CLUB CHINOIS late-season parties 2023

After some expensive summer holidays, €40 return flights, €60 a night 4 star hotel and €30 club entry tickets lured me over this week for a very very late break in Ibiza.

I arrived to a bit of a chaotic queue at 1am but made it in pretty quickly. The club looked great with tons of effort made on the decor and a crowd to match. It was very busy but not packed and room to move. The venue itself reminds me of a small scale Pacha.

On arrival, Trutopia were playing. They have been around for years and were bloody great. Lots prog, breakdowns and drops that actually went somewhere interesting. More of them please.

Franky Wah came on at 2.30am. I’ve been following him for years as he’s local to me. This time last year he was my tip for a residency and he landed Shen. He’s done well for himself and his star is definitely in the ascendancy. His night has had a lot of money thrown at it with the likes of Sasha, Digweed and Tong all playing regularly in a relatively small venue, but the long term investment looks like it’s benefiting him and the venue. He and his mates made up 4 of the 9 passengers on the flight over and they were somewhat refreshed by the time we landed! Tonight he played quite a lot of Latino grooves, which was a surprise, and I’ve heard him play better sets, but he kept everyone interested and he’s well worth checking out if you like prog.

On the downside - only one set of toilets causing a bottleneck in a narrow corridor. I really felt sorry for the women that had to spend an inordinate amount of time in that queue. The other issue is the terrace is lovely but far too small. And €14 for a bottle of ‘Alhambra’ beer…!

Despite this being my third Ibiza trip in 6 months, my best Ibizan days are a long way behind me, but I really like the club and will definitely go again. The crowd, music, atmosphere and entry fee were spot on. Notably the crowd was 95% Spanish.

Back home yesterday to storms and 6 months of crap weather ahead!

Last edited:
After some expensive summer holidays, €40 return flights, €60 a night 4 star hotel and €30 club entry tickets lured me over this week for a very very late break in Ibiza.

I arrived to a bit of a chaotic queue at 1am but made it in pretty quickly. The club looked great with tons of effort made on the decor and a crowd to match. It was very busy but not packed and room to move. The venue itself reminds me of a small scale Pacha.

On arrival, Trutopia were playing. They have been around for years and were bloody great. Lots prog, breakdowns and drops that actually went somewhere interesting. More of them please.

Franky Wah came on at 2.30am. I’ve been following him for years as he’s local to me. This time last year he was my tip for a residency and he landed Shen. He’s done well for himself and his star is definitely in the ascendancy. His night has had a lot of money thrown at it with the likes of Sasha, Digweed and Tong all playing regularly in a relatively small venue, but the long term investment looks like it’s benefiting him and the venue. He and his mates made up 4 of the 9 passengers on the flight over and they were somewhat refreshed by the time we landed! Tonight he played quite a lot of Latino grooves, which was a surprise, and I’ve heard him play better sets, but he kept everyone interested and he’s well worth checking out if you like prog.

On the downside - only one set of toilets causing a bottleneck in a narrow corridor. I really felt sorry for the women that had to spend an inordinate amount of time in that queue. The other issue is the terrace is lovely but far too small. And €14 for a bottle of ‘Alhambra’ beer…!

Despite this being my third Ibiza trip in 6 months, my best Ibizan days are a long way behind me, but I really like the club and will definitely go again. The crowd, music, atmosphere and entry fee were spot on. Notably the crowd was 95% Spanish.

Back home yesterday to storms and 6 months of crap weather ahead!
Nice little jaunt as they say...

Nice little jaunt as they say...
I’d recommend it next year if there is something you want to go to. Cost was a fraction of a trip in august. Not a lot of sun to be had though. I was surprised to find flights still operating at that time of year from regional airports. I think they are pretty much done from the U.K. now, apart from London.

Last edited:
Back