Christmas shopping inspiration thread

Au contrere...I love a good hymn and cristingle service around this time of year. :lol:

(especially love that the catalan version of the nativity scene includes a man squatting by the stable having a poo.)

Au contrere...I love a good hymn and cristingle service around this time of year. :lol:

(especially love that the catalan version of the nativity scene includes a man squatting by the stable having a poo.)

I'm In Barcelona for Lady Gaga in 10 days :oops: so I will be looking around the Christmas fair in the gothic quarter where they sell all the figures of said shi77ing man in a manger :lol:

Re presents. My list consists of the normal boring essentials ie socks, slippers and aftershave. And it also consists of photography equipment (isnt it a shame when you have to write to Santa with the makes and models of the stuff you want, it sort of takes the magic away)

I believe you're referring to 'el caganer' - an integral part of Catalan folklore

caganer.jpg

I've got six of those on top of the toilet in my bathroom - he's the most aspirational figure in the scene to me.

Dear Santa

This Christmas I would like vouchers please.

Topshop or Cow Vintage. All amounts appreciated.

I have been a reasonably good girl.

Thanks

Helen x

Not very exciting but I'd rather get something like this instead of a gift that I am going to a) hate and b) return at the first opportunity

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually buy my parents a cheap flight each to Edinburgh as they go every year, but this year we have all agreed it will be an Austere Christmas and they're getting nothing :lol: No seriously I'll probably take them out for a meal or something.

Husband is NOTORIOUSLY difficult to buy for so I'm still stuck until he gives me some clues...:spank:

:lol:

Definite guilty pleasure. I'd have kept that under wraps.

I'm going with the wife and 2 of our gay friends (it was one of their birthday presents from us), and after expereincing a Madonna concert in Barcelona I know I'm going to need prepare myself for the ammount of gayness i'll be whitnessing. Earplugs for the over the top screaming and a belly full o' beer and I'll be fine.

I always thought Christmas was a pagan festival?

One of these would be a nice present if anyone wants to do a spotlight secret santa..

29cmpeyote.jpg

Yule is a pagan festival which was bastardised.

It's normally celebrated around the time of the solstice on the 21st.

I always thought Christmas was a pagan festival?
I think the celebration was timed to replace an old pagan festival, as Jesus was actually born in spring.

If it were based on the Christian religion at some point, it's certainly back to being pagan now :lol:

i did consider making one of my own, but im pretty much talentless

besides, i dont mind paying through the nose to the person who came up with it, its pretty cool and im long overdue a decent lampshade.

Current one came with the flat and is pretty ****ing disgusting :lol:

Lamps-made-with-recycled-cassettes-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of her birtyhday presents rather than Xmas but I've just bought this for the missus:

http://www.allsaints.com/women/knitwear/adria-cropped-cardigan/black/wkj158-5

I note it's cheaper online but they did have a 25% off sale in the shop and I think I'be been done. Was at the concession in Fenwick at Brent X and I now remember that last time they had a sale on they charged me full price until I protested:evil:

Nice! Can you give my hubby some tips please? He still buys clothes for me that suit the snowboarding chick that I was about 12 years ago :lol:

Back