Buying Property in Ibiza

While seaching to see if I had anything in my emails to recall what rent I paid in 2006, I came across the booking for a 2005 Ibiza holiday. 7 days, flights for 2 from London and back, accomodation with a seaview above Savannah and a hire car for the week, £450. o_O
That’s mad

I was watching a bit of ibiza uncovered last night, always on the lookout for places I would now recognise. Anyway the presenter asks one guy why he came to Ibiza - he replies because it cost me £168 😂
Fairly sure I had a couple of trips under the £200 mark as a young singleton*

*sort of :lol:

I lived in ibiza old town right above dome bar, I paid 900 euros rent but that was for a 3 bed apartment, had people living with me and paid 300 euros each, could never afford it nowadays,

It's not just ibiza it seems, Madrid bcn, Amsterdam also having this crisis
Feels like it where I live nr London too.

With the seasonal nature of the island I don't see how these rent prices are not going to clear places like San Antonio out. There's certainly more people than jobs.

I always said greed and foreign speculators would eventually kill Ibiza. So many locals feel close to despair. The balearics are run by a terrible PP-VOX alliance which sucks billionaire cock, doesn’t give a shit about real people, and is set on exterminating the Catalan language.

I always said greed and foreign speculators would eventually kill Ibiza. So many locals feel close to despair. The balearics are run by a terrible PP-VOX alliance which sucks billionaire cock, doesn’t give a shit about real people, and is set on exterminating the Catalan language.
I always think back to the Colin Butts article about Ibiza’s greed (easy to find through the search bar on this site). I didn’t expect it to take so long to materialise but it’s clearly here now.

The golf course and the Roca Llisa gated complex feels more suited to Majorca (imo).

The first speculators are very often ibicencos... 😉

Reactions: PP
I lived in ibiza old town right above dome bar, I paid 900 euros rent but that was for a 3 bed apartment, had people living with me and paid 300 euros each, could never afford it nowadays,

It's not just ibiza it seems, Madrid bcn, Amsterdam also having this crisis
Bet that would be €2000+ per month now, even for annual rent!

Rental prices seem to have become especially crazy in the last year.

The first speculators are very often ibicencos... 😉

THIS

Need to examine the structure of the speculators in Ibiza. Think we will have some surprises.

What maybe helps : First to buy apartments for employees at police , healthcare , people in education and so on. Bought by gouverment.
In germany we call it Wohnheim ( dorm ). That will take away a lot of pressure from the housing market. Buying hotels who are not working well ?

In some countrys its not easy possible to buy property for foreigners ( asia for example ).

Yet another urbanización has been signed off at Ca n'Escandell. Fair to say it hasn't met with everyone's approval...

"On an oversaturated island with limited resources and water, those who authorised this under the pretext of providing housing aren't just committing an ecological crime, but an act of terrorism"

anybody who lives in some of london's far flung commuter towns would kill for a 20 minute plane ride with 75% ( i think) resident discount. when i worked in ibiza and lived in cala de bou people couldn't believe i travelled that vast distance every day.

So everybody priced out of Ibiza has to commute back in by plane?! Precisely when air traffic is already overstretched and contravening green net zero goals. Insane.

Back