very tough, had a shortlist of about 200 tracks

1. DJ Nature - Cosmic Assignment
2. Radioslave - Amnesia
3. Wata Igarashi - Ceremony of the Dead
4. Beatles - Now & Then
5. Phenomenal Handclap Band - It was the summer

album: Vince Clarke - Songs of Silence or Black Pumas - Chronicles of a Diamond
mix: Clandestino 178 ALFOS
fave gig: Minami Deutsch (Sala Upload, BCN)

Tunes (some kind of rough order, but could change depending on my mood and no doubt forgotten something)
1. Sofia Kourtesis - Si Te Portas Bonito
2. Future Utopia & Biig Piig - Your Love
3. James Holden - Common Land
4. Jessie Ware - Begin Again (Joe Goddard remix)
5. The Smile - Bending Hectic

Album
Jessie Ware - That! Feels Good

Gig
Jessie Ware = The Streets = Bonobo

Mix
don't really listen to them much

Nice initiative Tourist. I haven't focused much on new music or Ibiza this year. Been busy consolidating the music collection, narrowing down new music options/suggestions/wantlists, trying to make the most out of the pile of music I've acquired over the years, re-arranging the digital puddle for dj use, filling out some holes in the vinyl collection, learning piano and synthesis.

I did go through the music threads on a few occassions, and have to say 2023 was/is another remarkable musical year. It's hard to boil it down to a hit parade, much depends on time of day/year and even the person posting it. Pickings by fellow party/island-goers speak so much more to me than the marketed bs from reviewers that do it for a living or another trivial reason, there needs to be soul in the game.

Some aknowledgements, not all necessarily released this year:

Tourist track: Jamie 3:26 & Danou P - Love Not
Tourist EP: Dream The Dream: Richard Sen Remixes
Tourist album: Ceephax Acid Crew - Baddow Moods
elmooreo: Admin - Bright Moments
Diver: Ripperton - The world is collapsing but the internet is complaining about edits...
Stivi: Fever Ray - Shiver (Ivory Remix)
Heros: Keinemusik - More Love (Rampa &ME Remix)
andrewthemod_1978: Way To The Sun - Calm's Mellow Mellow Acid Remix
Marts73: Joe Morris - Arctic Sunrise
Browny: Stimming - Golden Tree
percybeano: Red Axes - Rhythm Passage
W_I_C_: Space Dimension Controller - Cold Tunings
Steven1977: Dominik Eulberg - Grauspecht (Acid Pauli Remix)
Johnny Vodka: Sofia Kourtesis - Si Te Portas Bonito
matter: S.A.M. - Project050 (Studio Version)

I'm rarely into mixes. Soundcloud/mixcloud/youtube rely too much on registered users and marketing to my liking. Screenings from Boiler room, Hör, Cercle, Ibiza villa parties etc. look like shit to me. Business dj's on pioneer pinball machines pretending to have the time of their life with fake crowds. Luckily AI will take those out of the equation first. I've spent a lot of time pouring bandcamp purchases into playlists for background music, my favourite 2023 IT feature.

Saw a few good gigs in this small Brussels club: https://www.lacabane.club/ Can definitely recommend for anyone visiting the town.

Last edited:
Hmmmm yeah been a decent year for music I'd say...few bits here:

Honorable mentions:

Apiento - Escape Reality EP
DJ Koze - Blissda
Mark Barrott - Icarus
Holy garage and Roman Flugel - Surprise
Wayne Snow and Zeitgeist Freedom Energy Exchange - Take Your Time
Burial - Unknown Summer
Koze - Wespennest
Kwengface, Joy O, Overmono - Freedom 2
Birth 4000 - Floating Points
DJ Nature - Smoke and Mirrors

Top 5:
Olof Dreijer - Rosa Rugosa EP
Head High - Break Away
Radio Slave - Strobe Queen
Discotecas 002
System Olympia - Half Way There

Label - Hot Biscuit/AOTN

Been a load of decent re-issues as well...Emerson - Sending All my Love Out piqued my interest recently. Heels and Souls also been on it - Gold in the Shade/Over You was a highlight from them.

Comp...Orpheu the Wizard Love International/ Sam Don - Just A Touch

Will come back to you on straight artist albums...still a few to listen to that I have missed. Andre 3000 gonna be up there.

Mix - Luke Una live from Love International

Last edited:
Radioslave owned 2023 imho, with Red Axes not far behind.

and pretty much anything on dream chimney was an instant ‘like’

but keep changing my mind on the rest lol

this was the state of play on Sunday

1. Radio Slave/Caged Baby - Amnesia 2. Prince - Digital Garden (Discotecas Resistors Dream edit) 3. The Beatles - Now and Then 4. Viscardi & Il Duo Magnetico - Jamba Club 5. Wata Igarashi - Ceremony of the dead 6. Subnesia - Baila Gitano 7. Shiny Objects - Termeh’s Groove 8. Glo Phase - Malibu Drive 9. DJ Nature - Cosmic Assignment 10. Joel Culpepper - Casual lies 11. Fundido - Emotional jungle (Nick Stropko club edit) 12. Halwa - Drehwurm 13. Jpye - Bleu Your Mind 14. Mildlife - Return to Centaurus 15. Phenomenal Handclap Band - It was the summer 16. Affie & Leila Yusuf - Dublovr 17. Red Axes - Flawless 18. Pascal Comelade/Limiñanas - Boom Boom 19. Christalli Liquidi - Rosso Carnale (Bottin dub) 20. Mecánica Clásica - Diseñado con un fin 21. Black Pumas - Rock and Roll 22. Jonathan Wilson - Marzipan 23. Tigerbalm - Riad de Lister (Emperor Machine extended mix)

Last edited:
Fav 5 tunes:
1. DJ Koze - Wespennest
2. Ida Engberg - Tribute To Orange Clouds
3. Berdu - Manifest (Lavie Au Soleil Remix)
4. Moderat - More Love (Rampa &ME Remix)
5. Jepe - Lift U Higher (or 'Madrid De Los Austrias - Elele (Jepe Remix)' or 'Jepe - Chimera' or 'Sam Farsio - Club Dxb (Jepe Remix)' ... - I liked Jepe's work very much this year)

Some more that I would probably put up there too on another day and mood (not sure if it's all from this year):

Gui Boratto - Déjeuner Sur L'Herbe (CIOZ & Fairplay Remix)
Blanka Mazimela - Kare Kare
Ajna (BE), Samm (BE) - Does It Matter (Ajna (BE) Remix)
Unknown Artist (Tartan004) - Sumo Shader
Tom Zeta - Better Then Taco's (Original Mix)
Lorenz, Adassiya, P.Rivas - Mektoub (Jean Claude Ades Remix)
James Flower - The Truth
Adam Ten - Friday Love
Yet More, Assayag - What
Waltervelt - Back Room
salute, Sammy Virji - Peach
Pale - No Words (DJ Tennis Remix)
Soul Of Zoo, Guy Laliberte - Into Your Tribe (Remixes) (Alternative Mix)
David August - ARCO
Shiffer - Phantom Phenomena
Oddchapters - Flare
Moullinex, GPU Panic - Break Me In Pieces
Caspímo - Mating Dance (Bepo Remix)
Barry Can't Swim - Sonder
DJ Koze - Candidasa

Some tracks are guilty pleasures and/or connected to personal moments to remember (and which I most likely don't remember in detail anymore ...) and some mentioned by you, thank you!

Fav album: I didn't buy many albums this year (I rarely do in general), some more recent ones were Stimming's 'Elderberry' or Levon Vincents 'Work in Progress' which neither I even listened to once from beginning to end to be honest ... :/

Fav mix: I don't listen to mixes often.

Fav gig: A (unfortunately too short) night at the 'Hoppetosse' boat in Berlin. I don't even know who played, but I just loved everything of that night.

Thank you so much for the music I got to know thanks to you in here - it's a wonderful place to share the passion for electronic music.

Last edited:
Yes Steve Cobby, Ceephax Acid Crew forgot about them!

A lot of great music out of Italy (as always) and Israel too (that Avi Sakorka banger is amazing). And of course Spain - special shouts to Pau Roca, the legendary Joan Bibiloni (awesome remix by JIM) and unsung chillout king Be.Lanuit

Evidence that some of the chuggers are turning up things a notch (classic house at ALFOS!)

David Holmes merits a mention too, still pushing things forward

And other old timers like Xpress 2 still serving up gems like that David Kitt remix

Hmmmm yeah been a decent year for music I'd say...few bits here:

Honorable mentions:

Apiento - Escape Reality EP
DJ Koze - Blissda
Mark Barrott - Icarus
Holy garage and Roman Flugel - Surprise
Wayne Snow and Zeitgeist Freedom Energy Exchange - Take Your Time
Burial - Unknown Summer
Koze - Wespennest
Kwengface, Joy O, Overmono - Freedom 2
Birth 4000 - Floating Points
DJ Nature - Smoke and Mirrors

Top 5:
Olof Dreijer - Rosa Rugosa EP
Head High - Break Away
Radio Slave - Strobe Queen
Discotecas 002
System Olympia - Half Way There

Label - Hot Biscuit/AOTN

Been a load of decent re-issues as well...Emerson - Sending All my Love Out piqued my interest recently. Heels and Souls also been on it - Gold in the Shade/Over You was a highlight from them.

Comp...Orpheu the Wizard Love International/ Sam Don - Just A Touch

Will come back to you on straight artist albums...still a few to listen to that I have missed. Andre 3000 gonna be up there.

Mix - Luke Una live from Love International
Gig of the year is Sault last night. Absolutely incredible from start to finish. They played for 3 hours, full string orchestra, full choir….recorded a new album midway through and then finished on all the bangers. People moaned about the cost but don’t think they will have made much cash…it was an incredible experience that I’ll never forget.

Gig of the year is Sault last night. Absolutely incredible from start to finish. They played for 3 hours, full string orchestra, full choir….recorded a new album midway through and then finished on all the bangers. People moaned about the cost but don’t think they will have made much cash…it was an incredible experience that I’ll never forget.

wow, so jellz. Any clues as to who they are?!

Little Simz, Cleo Sol and Kid Sister do most of the vocals. Michael Kiwanuka also does vocals and guitars and Inflo produces it all. Apparently Simz, Kiwanuka and Inflo were all at school together and Inflo is married to Cleo. It’s such an amazing project the instrumentals and beats are all so tight and you get all these African and Jazz/Blues/Soul influences too and they just stitch it all together. There were sections last night of west African instrumentals and dancers etc..it was really a proper show. They were all wearing masks and singing behind screens though so kept an air of mystery.

Little Simz, Cleo Sol and Kid Sister do most of the vocals. Michael Kiwanuka also does vocals and guitars and Inflo produces it all. Apparently Simz, Kiwanuka and Inflo were all at school together and Inflo is married to Cleo. It’s such an amazing project the instrumentals and beats are all so tight and you get all these African and Jazz/Blues/Soul influences too and they just stitch it all together. There were sections last night of west African instrumentals and dancers etc..it was really a proper show. They were all wearing masks and singing behind screens though so kept an air of mystery.

wow amazing. I really like Kiwanuka. Had no idea he was involved.

was just watching this. was this the same entrance for everyone?

Yeah that was it although there was less interaction with the guy before the fridge you just walked straight through. You got a link to the vid?

Back