Around Ibiza on a Budget

My biggest regret of course was el chiringuito at es cavallet... So naive. I nearly had an infarto when the bill (for 2) came .. 👀 this was after the added stress of trying to park at obtuse 45 degree angles on the track & wondering if anyone would care if you blocked the bins

For me, the big downside to the bus is not being able to buy a multi day/weekly ticket that lets you use them as much as you want for a set price. I often want to buzz around to a few different places in a day, but it adds up when it's a fixed €3/€4 a time. If I could get a weekly pass for, say €25, I would use them a lot more and bin the (bloody pricey) hire car
As for the multi/ticket; I'm sure I've seen locals use a travel card of some kind. Can't find anything on the website, but may be worth investigating in Ibiza.
Also, anyone wanting to cross to Formentera, it's worth going to the ticket offices at the port and asking if they have any day returns on specific timed ferries; example before covid Balearia did a 20e return on the car-ferry; which was as cheap (or cheaper) than Aquabus and far more comfortable! Think the times were really handy like 1045 out and 2245 back - so you got the full day on Formentera.

My biggest regret of course was el chiringuito at es cavallet... So naive. I nearly had an infarto when the bill (for 2) came .. 👀 this was after the added stress of trying to park at obtuse 45 degree angles on the track & wondering if anyone would care if you blocked the bins
Go on, how much? Three figures??

Very nice for a coffee and a red wine after beach. Breakfast was also ok ,but expensive. Food is very expensive there. Its a glitter location. Lot of celebs , sometimes

As for the multi/ticket; I'm sure I've seen locals use a travel card of some kind. Can't find anything on the website, but may be worth investigating in Ibiza.
Also, anyone wanting to cross to Formentera, it's worth going to the ticket offices at the port and asking if they have any day returns on specific timed ferries; example before covid Balearia did a 20e return on the car-ferry; which was as cheap (or cheaper) than Aquabus and far more comfortable! Think the times were really handy like 1045 out and 2245 back - so you got the full day on Formentera.
There is an oyster style top up card, but it’s still paying a fare for each journey at a small discount

Go to drinking/food spots where locals go to. I was quite stunned when I payed 2€ for a coffee + pan con tomato at Bar Benitez.
Let's just say that locals have a good radar when it comes to decide if a place is worth it or not. Althought sometimes we might venture into the Ibiza that despises us...

Worth reading, as everything she writes...

Back