A good (sustainable) life

Siii proof of funds was a thing back then. Now it's a LOT higher I believe, which includes proof of a work contract or digi nomad or whichever you end up choosing. It was €12k in the bank for a couple when we did it.

Overcrowding in Lauterbrunnen
441961569_986347119513183_2571779712090543829_n.jpg

You can see that quite a few people who write on this forum don't really give a shit about the island (or Spain in general), the sad reality. It's just a holiday playground without any consequence for you. And that is the monster that has been created over many decades.
Prou: "We are fed up with the selfish tourism that ignores the future of Ibiza"

And here is the admission that specifically Ibiza authorities have been working for many years to attract medical tourism - so much for evil tourists supposedly overcrowding medical facilities against the will of the locals :rolleyes:
Medical tourists are NOT overcrowding public health services. They go to private clinics.
They don't go to Can Misses for a nose work.

The programme targets visitors who wish to make the most of their stay by reserving a surgical intervention or aesthetic treatment. The initiative is promoted by the Ibiza Town Council, the Ibiza Island Council and the companies Eiviluxury and Grupo Policlínica, both of which are local pioneers in this type of offer.

And today this...

Nothing much to add really but I think it's brilliant that people are mobilising and they enjoy my full support. I just wish people over here could get off their arses and fight back too (especially against the airport expansion)

the plan to extend the airport to more longhaul flights will be catastrophic on many levels. Unfortunately the PSOE now control the city, region and central governments and are committed to it.

- more visitors
- more business meetings for the city (which er could easily be conducted remotely)
- more hotels
- more generic streets
- more climate destruction
- the guaranteed massacre of the wetland and natural beauty around Sant Boi and El Prat and eviction of existing communities

The domino effect would be felt on other connecting short haul because there would be greater demand for the city as a transfer to other tourist spots nearby... meaning more pressure on other smaller airports around the Med

Politically, a lot of people vote PSOE purely to stop the right, but sometimes you ask yourself what is really gained

Back