2014 season so far

stivi

hi guys,

thought i'd open a thread for this season (and will stick it too) so we can discuss this season a bit.

i've read a few comments on here that apparently the island is quieter than normally. this isn't actually true - the latest numbers posted on the diario de biza today http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...-registra-8000-movimientos-900000/705490.html confirm that in june 9% more passengers have arrived than in the same month last year. and as expected, the nation with the biggest growth is the netherlands - since that movie came out two years ago (verlievt of ibiza), a huge ibiza trend started in the netherlands and loads of them are coming. they're everywhere now.

the island as such is really busy - you can always take the beaches as an example. what's true though is that a lot of the parties are a tad quieter than last year currently. why? a few reasons

1. - too much on offer. again people are overdoing it, simple as.

2. - entry prices. there is a good chunk of people who come to ibiza, but just cannot afford to pay those prices (entry & drinks). so they choose a few club nights and do bora bora (just to name a free example) a few times. I think that, compared to a few years ago, people are doing less club nights per stay than before.

3. - not all tourists are clubbers. keep in mind only about 25% of all people arriving in ibiza are actually heading to the clubs. and also there is the footie worldcup factor - people coming later this year.

will update this thread whenever we get news and such. i for one do expect the clubs to get busier from next week onwards, once the worldcup's done.

feel free to add your thoughts!

the nation with the biggest growth is the netherlands - since that movie came out two years ago (verlievt of ibiza), a huge ibiza trend started in the netherlands and loads of them are coming. they're everywhere now.
and, as a consequence, various bars and restaurants have been taken over by dutch people!

Just back from the island 2 days ago...

Indeed more people from the netherlands than before (easy to find them when their soccer team was playing ;-) ).

Some beaches were also quieter than other years, first time of my life that there were still sunbeds available at end of the day in Sa Trinxa...

I noticed some changes in Salinas, there are now Security Guards at every beach bar. They are trying to limit the hat & sunglasses vendors... We even saw a fight between them in Sa Trinxa (too bad when you know how relax Sa Trinxa is...).

Ushuaia seemed to be very busy on all their nights... not sure if people still want to go somewhere else afterwards...

Bora Bora was sometimes full, sometimes not, depending on which day we went...

Musically speaking I think it will be a great year, I heard a lot of very good deep & tech-house stuff.

At the end... I had a great time as every year ;-)

... Salinas, there are now Security Guards at every beach bar. They are trying to limit the hat & sunglasses vendors... We even saw a fight between them in Sa Trinxa (too bad when you know how relax Sa Trinxa is...) ...
@ cala comte end of may/june every other day their was some kind of war going on between a group of gypsies selling their fruit-salads, drinks and stuff and some kind of security blokes.
the security-blokes were (optically) the same type of "security" like the one who killed the barkeeper in ushuaia.
they are wearing white shirts with the letters "PROT" on the back.
some day big discussion going on @ sunset-ashram-parking, then police-cars came and first confiscated the fruits in the trunks, then even 2 cars.
gypsies were not amused at all ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Been back two weeks......stayed in San an bay (mar amantis)

Went similar time last year and it felt a little busier this year

Food and drink could be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be......plenty of options for those on a budget (we were lucky as we were all inclusive)

Would love to go to the clubs but can't justify laying out a few hundred quid for me and the missus to have a night at a club......fancied the opening to departures but not at that price and the drinks on top..........may be ok for the younger guys who live at home.....but having a mortgage rules silly spending out for a night out

Got on the guest list for pikes for the John Newman after show.....what a stunning venue and not a drunken plank in sight.......really chilled out and highly recommended

Just trying to decide where to go for a decent break in November for guaranteed sun and a bit of nightlife.......any ideas???

andy - november will be very quiet compared to how you know it (if you've never been off-season that is). can be sunny & warm, but no guarantee. nightlife strictly only friday and saturday nights.

Sorry stivi.....I wasn't meaning the white isle.....way too cool for our main holiday..... I need the sun!!!!

Mexico is a little out of our price range as accomodation is looking like £2.5-£3k between us for two weeks all inc plus quite a bit for spending money
Fancy Thailand but the missus thinks its infested with snakes so won't go....

Sorry stivi.....I wasn't meaning the white isle.....way too cool for our main holiday..... I need the sun!!!!

Mexico is a little out of our price range as accomodation is looking like £2.5-£3k between us for two weeks all inc plus quite a bit for spending money
Fancy Thailand but the missus thinks its infested with snakes so won't go....

Mexico is overrated IMO. For Americans it was a great go to trip for cheap but between our currency being worth shit and mexico getting more expensive there are better options. Last time I was there I got MOntuzumas revenge needed to go to ER. It was not fun, and I have never been so sick in my life. I thought I was going to die.

Nyckid.....any recommendations for mid November onwards.....guaranteed sun and somewhere semi lively??

Been back two weeks......stayed in San an bay (mar amantis)

Went similar time last year and it felt a little busier this year

Food and drink could be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be......plenty of options for those on a budget (we were lucky as we were all inclusive)

Would love to go to the clubs but can't justify laying out a few hundred quid for me and the missus to have a night at a club......fancied the opening to departures but not at that price and the drinks on top..........may be ok for the younger guys who live at home.....but having a mortgage rules silly spending out for a night out

Got on the guest list for pikes for the John Newman after show.....what a stunning venue and not a drunken plank in sight.......really chilled out and highly recommended

Just trying to decide where to go for a decent break in November for guaranteed sun and a bit of nightlife.......any ideas???

Costa Adeje, Tenerife

@ cala comte end of may/june every other day their was some kind of war going on between a group of gypsies selling their fruit-salads, drinks and stuff and some kind of security blokes.
the security-blokes were (optically) the same type of "security" like the one who killed the barkeeper in ushuaia.
they are wearing white shirts with the letters "PROT" on the back.
some day big discussion going on @ sunset-ashram-parking, then police-cars came and first confiscated the fruits in the trunks, then even 2 cars.
gypsies were not amused at all ...

They were not the same guys and they looked kind (even sometimes joking with the various vendors).

But one time one of the black guy selling hats & sunglasses started insulting and pushing the security guy... He had no choice than trying to calm him down by using the force I suppose, but the security guard felt between sunbeds and the vendor was still punching him... Finally a guy which was relaxing came and separated them. Later the police came to listen to the guard and to the guy (and of course all vendors ran very very fast when seeing the police car ;-) ).

I sometimes understand why they want to limit those vendors because there are now too many of them on some beaches, like in PDB or Salinas... You can't stay 5 minutes without having something proposed, and they can be really insisting even if you are sleepy and just want to rest a bit. I think they are killing their own market by being too many.

I sometimes understand why they want to limit those vendors because there are now too many of them on some beaches, like in PDB or Salinas... You can't stay 5 minutes without having something proposed, and they can be really insisting even if you are sleepy and just want to rest a bit. I think they are killing their own market by being too many.
I agree. have never seen so many of them as this summer.

I was really annoyed at the amount of selfie / handy video / photo people this year. Basically blocking the first meters of any dance floor as soon as a "big" name played. I don't think it was ever as extreme as it's this year. Totally killed the vibe at a number of parties for me.

There are still a lot of awesome people in the clubs but to me it seems that the quality of the crowd decreases year by year.

sharm el sheikh. you are guaranteed heat there

I'd agree with that - I think i am going for the Eid break at the end of the month. Dirt cheap - 5 star hotels (branded) are about $60 a night all inclusive (less for unbranded) as tourists are avoiding Egypt at the moment (Sharm is fine). Also Thailand is dirt cheap (I go about 3 times a year) for fantastic quality - nice time to go as well.

I was really annoyed at the amount of selfie / handy video / photo people this year. Basically blocking the first meters of any dance floor as soon as a "big" name played. I don't think it was ever as extreme as it's this year. Totally killed the vibe at a number of parties ...
actually saw a t- shirt with the letters =》
" GO
f***
YOUR
SELFIE" ;)

I'd agree with that - I think i am going for the Eid break at the end of the month. Dirt cheap - 5 star hotels (branded) are about $60 a night all inclusive (less for unbranded) as tourists are avoiding Egypt at the moment (Sharm is fine). Also Thailand is dirt cheap (I go about 3 times a year) for fantastic quality - nice time to go as well.

And as a second thought, if you are going from UK and wanting sun, why not just go to ibiza? I think BA do direct winter flights from London City? November is a lovely time to be there...chilled...a bit of a relaxed party on the weekend, if you want it - completely different but very cool. I met lots of locals etc and loved it. I actually got sun-burnt when i went.

still a bit early, but as you guys are planning, a quick heads up for those planning to come for closing parties... it has already started last year, but this year even more - dc10 closing isn't the last closing party anymore now.

the 'proper' closing party period is pretty late now and in my opinion these two weeks will be the best with a lot of KEERRRAAAZZZYYY closings

thu 25th sep - thu 9th october

thu 25.9. cream closing + a good enter!
fri 26.9. music on closing (+afters), full on closing, flying circus closing, judgement fridays closing
sat 27.9. ants closing, glitterbox closing, kehakuma/elrow closing, magna carta closing, the pharm closing, hed kandi closing, zoo project closing...
sun 28.9. we love closing (+afters), viva warriors closing plus a good 'la familia' and a good 'solomun+1'
mon 29.9. cocoon closing (+afters)
tue 30.9. cocoon afters, fuse closing, ibiza dance festival at space, dj awards at pacha, defected closing,
wed 1.10. tribal sessions closing
thu 2.10. enter closing (+afters)
fri 3.10. insane closing, supermartxé/privilege closing
sat 4.10. ushuaïa closing, pure pacha closing, amnesia closing
sun 5.10. amnesia closing (until late afternoon), space closing, solomun+1 closing
mon 6.10. circo loco closing
tue 7.10. circo loco closing afters, next wave closing
wed 8.10. destino closing + sankeys closing
thu 9.10. afters? silence finally? emergency room? :)

what a list of events!

Back