THE SEVEN WONDERS OF SANKEYS IBIZA

Can't comment on the music, but if the IR crowd get free admission into Shelter I can only imagine the crowd will be young & Brit top-heavy.

Suara should attract a local crowd mind. Shelter isn't really my bag aside from a few nights. But as already pointed out Friday is a tough night. I think Sankeys would be 4th on my list too.

Can't comment on the music, but if the IR crowd get free admission into Shelter I can only imagine the crowd will be young & Brit top-heavy.

Suara should attract a local crowd mind. Shelter isn't really my bag aside from a few nights. But as already pointed out Friday is a tough night. I think Sankeys would be 4th on my list too.

How is Sankeys doing this season? I don't know that many workers out there this season so not getting a feel.

From the limited I've heard from acquaintances Lawler is smashing it every Sunday, despite healthy competition from +1, Vagabundos & Do Not Sleep.

Redlight also seems popular. Get the feeling Tribal has fallen from grace a little. Not really seen any feedback about We Love or Shelter. Cuff seems to have it's fans by all accounts, but no idea how busy it is.

I'm also interested in the numbers that Sankeys is posting this season, particularly the Tribal Sessions nights. Considering going for the Enzo night when I'm over in September, but will give it a swerve if numbers have been/are getting consistently low. Anyone have any ideas?

Caught Lawler back in June and he was in very good form, as for Tribal I've only heard people saying that it was pretty low in terms of numbers but that was back in June/early July, not sure if it has picked up but with so much going on Sundays, Mondays, and now Wednesdays, maybe people are taking a rest Tuesday or of course hitting Space for Coxy

maybe people are taking a rest Tuesday or of course hitting Space for Coxy

more like that yeah. coxy has been sold out for 3 weeks in a row now (yesterday night too) and together/defected is going really well. tribal sessions is a bit affected by that.

lots of nights are affected by a lot of things this summer that's sure. the island's at capacity right now, but a lot of clubs aren't. opinion piece on this coming soon.

coxy has been sold out for 3 weeks in a row now (yesterday night too)

Hoping people get scared away on Sept 1 since he is not there, would love the extra space for Mr. Beyer to close out the main.

the island's at capacity right now, but a lot of clubs aren't. opinion piece on this coming soon.
Will definitely be interested in giving that a read!

Yeah they have put it onThe suara instagram too don't like where sankeys reputation is going right now love the club but the hierarchy seem to be full of arseholes IMO tribal has looked not what it was last season we love is shite to me viva suara and reverse are/were the only things that I have thought I'd go to that if I was over and the last two aren't even the main promoter that night to me sankeys has imploded on itself

Last edited:
last thursday the line up at Sankey was great: the Ibiza scene :cool:, im rather sure most people wondering who are they except Iban Mendoza that is the famous name, but i recommand you the 4 other names...
11694090_1651291725114103_8169120324843766037_n.jpg

& this thursday Full support To the Ibizaproject crew , they took redlight & tribal sessions party if you want to experiment the local Tech House Techno scene & stop looking for big names :rolleyes:
11055403_412404892301338_1699435577132173283_o.jpg

It's a very long statement which gives absolutely 0 information!

In regards to Sankeys... they've just announced Tribal Sessions is going weekly in London every Friday at Fire from October.

I guess that's their relationship with Studio 338 finished then? :rolleyes:

They posted a long reply yesterday just basically saying that Suara never pulled the numbers they needed to justify opening the Lab.

Apparently they wanted them to relocate to the Sprekrum, but Suara weren't having it and refused to move rooms. They gave them chance, after chance, and they kept promising "this week will be busier" but it never was. Sankeys gave them an ultimatum, and Suara opted to pull out all together.

... At least, that's how their story goes...

Sounds like the typical venue vs promoter conflict I have experienced myself as a club manager.

I'm surprised that Suara didn't pull though, being a Spanish label. Their productions are tight, and Coyu & UMEK's recent B2Bs are being shouted about.

Does this underline just how much of a "British" venue Sankeys is?

They posted a long reply yesterday just basically saying that Suara never pulled the numbers they needed to justify opening the Lab.

Apparently they wanted them to relocate to the Sprekrum, but Suara weren't having it and refused to move rooms. They gave them chance, after chance, and they kept promising "this week will be busier" but it never was. Sankeys gave them an ultimatum, and Suara opted to pull out all together.

... At least, that's how their story goes...

Sounds like the typical venue vs promoter conflict I have experienced myself as a club manager.

I'm surprised that Suara didn't pull though, being a Spanish label. Their productions are tight, and Coyu & UMEK's recent B2Bs are being shouted about.

Does this underline just how much of a "British" venue Sankeys is?

Not a huge fan usually of some of those Sankeys people, but on this maybe you get the sense that they were right. I think as you say it highlights a number of things in terms of why Suara never got the numbers. But with MusicON selling out Amnesia most weeks, Life & Death in DC10 in August, Insane at Pacha etc...... they are obviously going to really struggle.

Last edited:
Back