Flights to Ibiza

Our flight from ibiza to Milano was 10 hour delayed from easyjet so we missed other flight milano to home. Both flight was easyjet. We paid 632 euro to turn back to home another company. My question is what can we do that situation?

Our flight from ibiza to Milano was 10 hour delayed from easyjet so we missed other flight milano to home. Both flight was easyjet. We paid 632 euro to turn back to home another company. My question is what can we do that situation?
If The delay is more than 4 hours you can ask for a refound

Easyjet is a 'point-to-point' fare airline so I don't think you get any compensation for missed connections or cost of booking an alternative flight if you bought the sector fares. Ryanair is the same. You'll always be covered if you fly with an airline which issues a 'through ticket' (like BA/Iberia/Alitalia etc.) but for those you'd likely have paid a lot more to begin with.

If you have a VERY good travel insurance policy you might be able to get something off them, provided you allowed the minimum connection time between flights. But even that nowadays sometimes has exclusions for "unprotected transfers".

Did anyone try out the Norwegian flights from Gatwick this year ? They seem to have established a significant base there and are running direct flights to all sorts of places including Barcelona and the Canaries too. Fares at silly prices like £15 here & there & about £15 for a checked bag each way.

I've booked with them for this year (go 30th September), managed to pay something like £64 return from Gatwick last December.

We flew Norwegian from LGW 9 pm flight on 30th August and we returned on 13th Sept 11pm and it was £99 each for the return

Interesting that Easyjet dont seem to be flying Liverpool - IBZ next summer, always thought that was a big success for them, every time Ive flew that its been really full.

Nor, Manchester.
No idea what's going on with fights at the moment. On the TripAdvisor forum its suggesting that there may be a change coming January, something to do with Ryanair and cash(flow?)

Seems that at the moment only jet2, Ryanair and the dreaded late night monarch will be going out of MAN next year ?

Do find it odd as a lot of us up north love Ibiza.

EasyJet appear to have stopped the Glasgow to Ibiza route, allegedly for a new route to Marrakech (!)

Ryanair are no longer flying from Edinburgh to Ibiza, so options for people in Scotland is also more limited now.

One of the benefits of living down south now, I suppose!

^
So the further north you go the worse it gets?

How many people do you speak to who say that they are off to Marakech for a quick break?

There always seems to be someone from the South UK that seems to get a better deal or more options that I meet whenever I go on holiday. Believe me, its very densely populated here in the NW UK!

Reactions: ric
Current price for 2 adults & 2 children, FLIGHT ONLY Belfast to Ibiza return. Early July with Jet 2 = £1,406 + baggage charges.

Back