**** Ibiza I'm going to Vegas.

venom

Well after a 7 year gap I went back to Ibiza last summer.

Boy has it changed.

I never thought I'd see San
Antonio as a superior night out to the overpriced crap their selling as fun in Ibiza Town.

Pacha was awful, Space was a joke, ushaya was full of gypsys.

My friends, the party has moved to Vegas.

Those in the know aren't willing to put up with shoddy service and moody girls.

Guys, if you want to get laid and party to good house music, stump up the cash and party in Vegas.

Leave Ibiza to the geeks.

Looking at Ushuaia from Space, one could rather be mistaken for thinking that Vegas had come to Ibiza !

Vegas is a hideous garish abomination of a place, devoid of natural beauty and the antithesis of everything Ibiza used to be and in most places still is. Full of plastic people, plastic smiles and plastic fun. Sorry, but the "party" has not "moved" to Vegas, Venom. There's always been a party in Vegas - a different sort of party for a different kind of person ... imho !

Glad you've found your niche, though, Venom. Each to their own. How's the archive coming along ?

Never having been to Vegas, maybe it's the hippie in me, but based on the video and pictorial evidence I have seen, I would rather amputate my own arms than spend time in Vegas (would love to travel America though :lol:).

I've had some amazing times in Vegas, but for an Ibiza-like experience it's doesn't come near to the best bits of Ibiza. What some would consider the worst bits of Ibiza these days, sound very similar to the best bits of Vegas for me, but whether they can mix, I've yet to go and find out.

But Vegas out Ibiza-ing Ibiza. Never.

love Vegas.... but love Ibiza more...

Both are very different and strange comparing them to one another... a bit like comparing Ibiza to the parties on the Thai islands... totally different.

Each to their own 8)

Well after a 7 year gap I went back to Ibiza last summer.

Boy has it changed.

I never thought I'd see San
Antonio as a superior night out to the overpriced crap their selling as fun in Ibiza Town.

Pacha was awful, Space was a joke, ushaya was full of gypsys.

My friends, the party has moved to Vegas.

Those in the know aren't willing to put up with shoddy service and moody girls.

Guys, if you want to get laid and party to good house music, stump up the cash and party in Vegas.

Interesting viewpoint.

I hear thats where Swedish House Mafia are going this Summer. Their new single will be entitled "Leave the Island Behind you"

Hi Paris,

Good to see you've joined the forum thats dedicated to your favourite place on earth. Have a look and there are quite a few decent threads about you already

I'm with you about Pacha, but good house music? Correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression that Vegas was really cheesy. David Guetta, Swedes etc??

Ehh Vegas is OK for gambling. Maybe even a little club action but not exactly the best. I've been to Ibiza the last two years and it is going to be pretty hard to top it. Might try Thailand this summer then maybe Tokyo next summer.

While I agree to some of the original poster's comments about Ibiza, I cannot believe anyone would recommend Vegas as a clubbing destination.

I had the misfortune to spend 3 days in Vegas last year (NOT through choice I hasten to add, but we'd spent 3 weeks doing a bit of an American roadtrip and we'd ended up at the Grand Canyon and Death Valley so Vegas seemed the logical place to fly back from....and I thought it couldn't be 'that' bad - oh how wrong I was :lol:)

While I am sure there are umpteen perfectly nice normal people who go to Vegas every year, a lot of the clientele when we were there did seem to fall into one of 2 categories:

1) The VERY worse type of American - loud, lairy, obnoxious, acted like it was the first time they had ever been out in their life and thought they were KERRAAAZY because they were walking down the Strip in the daytime drinking alcohol from giant test tubes. Kerrrazy I tell you :spank:

2) The VERY worse type of Bit - loud, lairy, obnoxious, coked up tw@ts who thought they were something special because they are flashing a bit of cash. No you just look like a coked up tw@t trying to be something special by flashing a bit of cash :spank:

The clubbing 'scene' (in fact you can't even call it a scene) is so backward - think a big glitzed up version of a small town Ritzy and that's the Vegas clubbing scene. There are dress codes :lol:, it is all table bottle service, getting into VIP is the highlight of most people's night. And don't even get me onto the music - a night at Pacha would seem musically underground to what the Vegas clubs play.

One thing Vegas does do well is swimming pools and the pool at our hotel (Aria) was lovely and my little sanctuary....well until early afternoon when it turned into the Pool Party from Hell :twisted: (this is typical of most Vegas hotels). Think Paris Hilton wannabee types and aforementioned coked up Brits swaying to a commerical pap (house/RnB) soundtrack complete with MC.

I might have no desire to go back to Ibiza in it's current state but if I was forced to go back to Ibiza or Vegas, Ibiza would win EVERY day of the week.

1) The VERY worse type of American - loud, lairy, obnoxious, acted like it was the first time they had ever been out in their life and thought they were KERRAAAZY because they were walking down the Strip in the daytime drinking alcohol from giant test tubes. Kerrrazy I tell you :spank:

:lol:

The clubbing 'scene' (in fact you can't even call it a scene) is so backward - think a big glitzed up version of a small town Ritzy and that's the Vegas clubbing scene. There are dress codes :lol:, it is all table bottle service, getting into VIP is the highlight of most people's night. And don't even get me onto the music - a night at Pacha would seem musically underground to what the Vegas clubs play.

Unfortunately that is what a lot of the club scene in America has evolved into. It seems from what I hear that a lot of the club scene all over the world is going that way as well. I don't blame Vegas for that though since they have always been all about the money. If a club charges a big cover, then discovers they can get another cover for a VIP area, then another cover for a table in which you mandatorily now have to purchase an overpriced bottle to sit at that table....of course they are going to go with making money 9 times out of 10. My goal is to find the last havens on earth where they still don't give a sh** about the money.

Unfortunately that is what a lot of the club scene in America has evolved into. It seems from what I hear that a lot of the club scene all over the world is going that way as well. I don't blame Vegas for that though since they have always been all about the money. If a club charges a big cover, then discovers they can get another cover for a VIP area, then another cover for a table in which you mandatorily now have to purchase an overpriced bottle to sit at that table....of course they are going to go with making money 9 times out of 10. My goal is to find the last havens on earth where they still don't give a sh** about the money.

It just strikes me as being the very antithesis of what house music and clubbing was ever about :(

Back