Ibiza parties and clubs prices discussion

Lived 4 month in Malaga and 2 month in
Ibiza, last year. These 2 month cost more then a year would cost in Malaga.
Went to Brunch Electronik for a Claptones Masquerade Ana Tur, Mambo Brothers....
Tickets from 18 €rsz_screenshot_20230412_131649_chrome.jpgrsz_120230507_164637.jpgrsz_120230507_174545.jpg

I can afford €150 for that HI night, maybe even take my wife along. But, there’s a difference between being able to pay for something and principle.
and main problem starts after buying a ticket. Its not possible to enjoy the night since Hi is always packed like sardines. Many thanks to Yann Pissenem for ruining Ibiza nightlife!

I keep seeing different drinks packages online for different clubs, are they good value? How much more expensive it is in the club?

I keep seeing different drinks packages online for different clubs, are they good value? How much more expensive it is in the club?

In reference to Amnesia, if you like a good drink when you're in the club then yes. Probably save 3/4 euros per beer and maybe the same on the long drinks? Still awaiting this years drink prices so could even be more of a saving!

I've done a quick scan and the worst price offender seems to be Hï. Is anyone really gonna pay €100 for Guetta's Friday night? Also they're gonna pack the crap outta this club and it's gonna be busy as hell.

Kudos to Pacha and Chinois for keeping it still reasonable, except Music On. Can't pay 90 unless this place is gonna be open till like 10 AM when it used to back in its earlier seasons at Amnesia.

I've done a quick scan and the worst price offender seems to be Hï. Is anyone really gonna pay €100 for Guetta's Friday night? Also they're gonna pack the crap outta this club and it's gonna be busy as hell.

Will probably sell out as they are putting on one of the biggest acts/DJs in a pretty small room, so would imagine busy as ever!

Kudos to Pacha and Chinois for keeping it still reasonable, except Music On. Can't pay 90 unless this place is gonna be open till like 10 AM when it used to back in its earlier seasons at Amnesia.

I know we always use the comparison, but a concert is 2 hours max and charge a lot for some big acts.

I am generally not just defending them as this site sells tickets. My point on all of this, is everyone has a value on what they will spend money on. Would I spend my own money on the two nights above - no.

However, I would spend €250+ for Sven or Dixon in a small venue like Akasha or Chinos - many would not.

Someone coming on holiday from say the US, having never seen Guetta and they like him - is €90-100 that much for them? Maybe not?

Can understand people querying the pricing...have made the point though that there is a choice and also prices were quite slow to pick up - they were 50/60 euros for years and years....all costs have risen but also sadly a party isn't just a party anymore in these cases it is a brand and a look....the people running them now are shrewd businessmen and the crowd/audience has most definitely changed.

and main problem starts after buying a ticket. Its not possible to enjoy the night since Hi is always packed like sardines. Many thanks to Yann Pissenem for ruining Ibiza nightlife!
Agree! will NEVER go Hi again due to this, people fighting, and people being moody was horrendous

I think the value you attach often depends on your own background. If you come from a city with an established club scene and can see any of these DJs play exactly the same set locally for 25 bucks, then why on earth would you pay top dollar? Whereas if you come from some small town backwater with zero parties then you'll probably save all year for that exclusive Ibiza experience.

I know we always use the comparison, but a concert is 2 hours max and charge a lot for some big acts.
I struggle with these comparisons a bit - a live act like the killers probably tour every 3 years - then spend 2 years making an album away somewhere. You’re basically paying for the show, production , crew & band for the 2 years are away.

We are talking about over exposed constantly touring DJs available at some city / festival / etc all year round.

It’s pure greed - not helped by greedy managers, agents , and everyone else hanging on taking a cut from the artist which further drives prices up.

Stop supporting this enormous kind of business techno... our scene is already done for ☹️

If people can be bothered to dig deeper, there's a whole other alternative musical world out there in the backstreets and off the beaten map, like Lolas for instance or Paradise Lost or the Can Jordi Blues Station. You don't have to endure hours of boring tech-house and getting ripped off in the process.

Well, isn't the principle of electronic music that it should be open for everyone?

Of course Ibiza always is/was an exception (which becomes crazier and crazier), but when you see the developments around the globe, it's anxiety-inducing... there are a lot of examples for "rich only" events - the local music lover with the average income gets left out (Harveys club in Bali, keinemusik events - for example Egypt, Business Techno Tanzania, Garbicz etc.).

I absolutely understand that successful DJs want to earn some money, but there are more and more acts/promoters which ignore moral principles and the roots of electronic music completely.

Back