*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Big announcement coming from Shine tomorrow. They've already confirmed Eden as the venue and PVD as the resident, what else have they up their sleeve? Another big resident maybe?
Boat party I would imagine or itica warm up on roof top would work. I go home on a Thursday such a shame!

icon_eek.gif

Not Ibiza 2019 gossip related but thought the thread watchers might like a laugh?!

Going to Vegas tomorrow, and would like to do some clubbing whilst there so hunted down a website a little like Spotlight but for Vegas. Couldnt find anything but EDM and Hip Hop so decided to send them a message. Copy of conversation below:

Hi, we land in Vegas tomorrow for a few nights and would like to do some clubbing however we have been struggling to find any club nights that play proper house or techno. Everything seems to be EDM or Hip Hop. Can you help or advise please. Many thanks Alex

Hi Alex, what do you mean by proper house? Isnt EDM house? :spank:

Not Ibiza 2019 gossip related but thought the thread watchers might like a laugh?!

Going to Vegas tomorrow, and would like to do some clubbing whilst there so hunted down a website a little like Spotlight but for Vegas. Couldnt find anything but EDM and Hip Hop so decided to send them a message. Copy of conversation below:

Hi, we land in Vegas tomorrow for a few nights and would like to do some clubbing however we have been struggling to find any club nights that play proper house or techno. Everything seems to be EDM or Hip Hop. Can you help or advise please. Many thanks Alex

Hi Alex, what do you mean by proper house? Isnt EDM house? :spank:
Here in North America, EDM stand for all electronic music kinds, from minimal techno to big room...

Here in North America, EDM stand for all electronic music kinds, from minimal techno to big room...

This isn't true at all, in places like New York or Miami not at all (and many other big cities), in most of middle America and places like Vegas where they dont care what the music is as long as $$$ are flying through the door EDM = any dj playing music other than rap

This isn't true at all, in places like New York or Miami not at all (and many other big cities), in most of middle America and places like Vegas where they dont care what the music is as long as $$$ are flying through the door EDM = any dj playing music other than rap

This. EDM = Bigroom trash

Vegas sucks.

Of course some people, like me and you Chris L, are calling EDM what EDM truly is (European signification). I was not talking about people in NYC or the underground scene here in Montreal, I was talking about the average joes hanging in Vegas...

Anything electric dance should be referred to as EDM, but instead its become a term to describe the cheesy forms of it. It got popularized this way through American journalists during the whole cheesy dance music explosion in the early 2010s roughly.

Anything electric dance should be referred to as EDM, but instead its become a term to describe the cheesy forms of it. It got popularized this way through American journalists during the whole cheesy dance music explosion in the early 2010s roughly.
Yes, Electronic Dance Music - EDM became a catch all when that type of sound started diversifying, maybe so that all the records could be filed in the same section.
Later hijacked for marketing reasons for a certain sound with a fusion of popular styles.....

re eric prydz - just seen he plays resistance miami under his cirez d moniker. a sign of things to come for ibiza maybe?

Back