Is it really this bad?

Ants still keeps the underground sound thankfully, I would recommend it. It was even free last year (with pre email sign up) Shame its gone to 35 Euros this year though.

Of course! And ANTS is a full season May-End Sep party..... so wasn't including that in what I was talking about!

In addition to ANTS on Saturday, in September Nic Fanciulli and Joris Voorn do 4 September Sundays after the Avicii crew have all left! This kind of proves what I was saying. Things start to get back to proper vibe and music post August madness!

Are the illegal raves of the 90s still happening in the UK?

It may surprise you to hear it, but yes.

We all used to say that Ibiza is a no-go place in August, and I think that that is now more true than ever. At the end of the day Ushuaia have got it ALL so right in terms of their line-ups. July / August is all about Pop/EDM. They attract the kids, popstars, soap star and uncool rich people who think that this is a good time!

Did we ? How far back are you going there ? I didn't and agree with Robder it was great to have the melange of everyone getting along together. That was half the attraction.

The problem really is the over-supply of stuff attracting the very thing that's causing a problem setting up a vicious circle. Every chiringuito's a fancy sushi beach bar which spreads the whole thing to every corner of the island. Don't get me wrong I like sushi and a cocktail somewhere up-market now and again. But that's now and again not f*****g everwhere I go. I have a sushi chef just up the road from me when I'm not in the far SW and have it made up fresh nearly every day anyway, so hardly a treat and certainly not worth 5times as much because it's being served beside the sea in a "beach club". I'd rather have an authentic fish stew at Cala Mastella at a shared table with new people if I'm going to the Balearics !

Also, the weather's good in July/August and why the heck should we all be crowded out more & more each year by a take-over bid of monstrous egotists who are purely there to show off. That doesn't just apply to the celebs btw ... I can still find totally peaceful places to go in the peak of August as I know where to go (and keep quiet about it mostly now) but it's a constant struggle as more and more secrets get shared all over the internet and in glossy fashion magazines. It's a small island and there has to be room for everyone. That doesn't mean those who don't want to join in the ego-parade being told to stay away because the others shout louder and wave bigger cheque books - ta very much. I mean honestly - wtbf ????

Nightmares on Wax now at Las Dalias where you'd still find plenty of the old spirit
uh.gif

Can the Ibiza airport even handle planes that large? I highly doubt it.

You can cross the pond in a 757. BA used to run these aircraft from Glasgow to New York years ago. They would have no problem landing at IBZ and have been used for package deal flights from UK over many years. I'm sure the modern equivalents would be well capable of landing and take-off also.

Ha ha. Love the American bashing in this thread.

But overall... **yawn**

I've been going to Ibiza every year since 2001 and every year there's the "oh, it's not how it used to be" thread on here.

And I still love it.

Any recomendations on proper house nights in Sept?
Glitterbox at Boom Ibiza or sometimes Defected @ Boom Depending on the line up
Ibiza sensations @ ocean beach on tuesday with great Dj Luis Del Villar ,daytime party.other daytime parties @ Ocean Beach ..Blue Marlin Ibz(Tom Crane,sasa Mendone, Eli Rojas)...at pacha for Ibiza Rocks or Pure Pacha i saw nice line up...Space too for we love ...Limbo @ KM5 on wednesday
There is still some House Music but you have to follow the djs....eg Marco LOCO plays House(Hush, we love space, car cox @ space last week )....Felix DAFUNK(Bora bora on thursday, jockey club,) Plays House
Jey in DAhouse(jet apparts, El Hotel pacha) Pablo Hernanz play House (Departure Ibiza) Bruno From Ibiza(Hostal salinas, sands ) & so on..the list of djs that play house is Big...Dj Alfredo, Dj Pippi, Johnatan Ulysses ....Joan Ribas(destino,el hotel pacha), Inaky Garcia Harry Housen(bay bar) play House ...

Back